apexi s-afc
forge FMIC
HKS BOV
K&N filter
i think stock fuel pump
stock down pipe and cat
3in cat back exhaust
93 octane wich i think its 95 RON

with this set up what u think i should be doing,and if there is anything i should address that could be a probelm thats holding me back

mattygti-r

well firstly from them mods as stated in the other post you should be seeing 270bhp no prbs

that exhuast is the biggest problem IMO, do you have to have that in that states? i.e is a CAT required, if not ditch it, you need an uprated one big time

second is that apexi set up correctly?

petrol 95ron is shocking :oops: get some octane booster or get it upto 100 then put it on the RR,

only other thing i can think of , is the turbo but if that seems ok, im at a loss to be honest

at 1 bar that should be making some quite serious power

A

AJ4

if you got 245 wheel horsepower, then you probably got around 270 - 280 bhp at the flywheel, which is about right for the mods you have.... ;)

celm

that HP is at the wheels.
my stock down pipe crimps on the bend to the back of the car.its not a mandrel bend.
i was looking into having a 3 in down pipe and test pipe made up also.
i know the 93 octane is low also

O

one Gti-R

celm said:
that HP is at the wheels.
my stock down pipe crimps on the bend to the back of the car.its not a mandrel bend.
i was looking into having a 3 in down pipe and test pipe made up also.
i know the 93 octane is low also
you have higlighed you problems right there,

open up the exhaust its amazing how restrictive they really are, as mentioned the front pipe from the dump to the car is WAY too small aswell.

Also if you can use a better fuel closer to 100 the better. If you changed those things you should see over 270 at the wheels on 1 bar.

A

Anonymous

I dont see how you can get 245 hp at the wheels with those mods on 1 bar,esspecialy using 95 ron fuel. unless it isnt a standard turbo
as that is like 181kw atw, guys here in aus are nedding full exhaust replacment including dump and 16.5psi+ to get to that level.
and if you work it back to flywheel horsepower your near on 320 - 330 hp at flywheel if you use the 70 -80 hp loss calculation.

But if it is a genuine dyno result, (not one were the operater, played with the dyno settings to give a higher readout)then you should be well happy.
fuck ive got a goose 15.5 psi, pod filter and a haltech e6x and ive only got 160kw or 216 hp at the wheels wich i think sucks....

J

jasegould

I had the same proble with mine, turned out to be that the timing was out causing the loss of power

E

Edd

i have to second gtir luke, 245 at the wheels is 320-330bhp at the fly!!!

Most R's tend to lose at the best 65bhp through the wheels up to over 100

that would suggest celm has 310 - 345 at the fly at 1 bar :shock:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You don't have a problem, other than too much power if you only have 245bhp at the wheels on 1bar. :p

celm

Fast Guy said:
You don't have a problem, other than too much power if you only have 245bhp at the wheels on 1bar. :p
i think there is a problem,u have guys with less mods then me and are pulling more HP.so something is wrong w/the car

E

Edd

celm said:
Fast Guy said:
i think there is a problem,u have guys with less mods then me and are pulling more HP.so something is wrong w/the car
erm all of the 270/280bhp figures you are seeing are at the FLYWHEEL not at the wheels :roll: :roll: :roll:

you have exceedingly high power for your mods, so as fast guy said there is nothing wrong with your car :roll:

mattygti-r

people are uncertain where ur taking the reading from

if its at the wheels then fooking hell thast a cool result but you need 330+ for that result

:oops:

MarkTurbo

You must have bloody good transmission then to only lose 45 bhp through the drivetrain :lol:

One of those figures must be wrong cos i'm pretty sure you lose around 70 bhp through the transmission on a Gti-R :wink: