what type of power

MarkTurbo

mattygti-r said:
Fast Guy said:
That's well low :shock: . Let's hope it's down to low compression pistons or head gasket :D and not worn rings :?

Is it running OK? If so, up the boost :wink:
I dont kow what they are like on stock
All my compression test readings were 160-164 psi :wink: Its got 124,000 miles on the clock too 8)

That was with totally standard internals apart from a hks 1.2mm headgasket.

As your car is running ok it definatly must have low comp pistons/thicker head gasket to get those readings. How come you only run 0.5 bar? Thats less than standard boost :lol:

stugtir

go on matty go see what happens when u turn it up to 1.6 bar!! :lol: :lol:

why dont u just pull a plug out and have a nose around u should be able to tell if it has forged pistons.

stu

mattygti-r

stugtir said:

why dont u just pull a plug out and have a nose around u should be able to tell if it has forged pistons.

stu
lol i could do but knowing mei will fookit up lol

i reckon it has thats good enough for me

1.1 bar to start :lol: 8)

Dooie Pop Pop

stugtir said:

stu
cos he' s waiting for someone/anyone else to do it. iv got 3days to do all my xmas shopping :shock: no chance for you matey. tues after ok with you matt? get the plugs and i' ll fit em :wink:

wanted to say iv been out in matts caR a few times and it does go veeery well, despite his driving style :wink: :lol: certainly no smoke or poor running either as the pts mob from south mimms probably saw. his cars pretty nicely set up too.

would stock boost into a low compression lump result in lower boost readings :? numpty time :roll:

mattygti-r

sturat said:
stugtir said:

stu
cos he' s waiting for someone/anyone else to do it. iv got 3days to do all my xmas shopping :shock: no chance for you matey. tues after ok with you matt? get the plugs and i' ll fit em :wink:

wanted to say iv been out in matts caR a few times and it does go veeery well, despite his driving style :wink: :lol: certainly no smoke or poor running either as the pts mob from south mimms probably saw. his cars pretty nicely set up too.

would stock boost into a low compression lump result in lower boost readings :? numpty time :roll:
cheers stu :) 8)

oh car had some EGT sensor etc from japan so had a few trick bits in it but my fans shredded the probe LOL so that no workie now :(

its hitting 0-5 - 0.6 (when it slightly spikes due to the weather)

i believe the boost reading as its comming from a DEFI BF guage with peak hold etc,

mark the compression test is correct, so im thinking the same thing headgasget / pistons etc,

i didnt know what they were like on stock boost in terms of compression its defo NOT anywhere near 140

no smoke, no irractic idle, no nothing, runs like a dream , its not slow and will keep up with most things,

even stock boost it goes well,

so your thinking its got uprated head gasget and pistons then?

8)

Dooie Pop Pop

MarkTurbo said:
sturat said:
It hasnt got stock boost going into it though has it :lol:
matty did say its hit up to .6 ish, iv been driving around at stock boost for the last week and iv been hitting .6 too. cept for today when i nearly got to .7 :shock: thats on my hks vacuum guage jobby and a blitz dsbc too.i dont have as much 'stuff' in my car as matt. ie electrical

stu

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
austingtir said:
Its easy to tell if you have stock pistons.

Just remove a sparkplug and shine a torch down there. If your cunning enough with the angle you can read 54c off the stock piston. And you can see a round casting mark (circle) in the middle of the piston.

I doubt forgies will look like that.

Does anyone know if this is correct... That no other brand of piston will have 54C stamped on it...????

Rishi

coxie

:D hey rishi how you doing.the 54c thing is correct have sen it on three different r's now.used one of those tiny mag lites that the beam can be adjusted on to see the markings 8)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Coxie said:
:D hey rishi how you doing.the 54c thing is correct have sen it on three different r's now.used one of those tiny mag lites that the beam can be adjusted on to see the markings 8)

I'm good... Yourself...?

I know it apears on the standard pistons but do you know if any of the forged pistons brands also have this stamped on them...?

Cheers,

Rishi

J

jiw

i doubt it as that is a nissan parts id, why not pop the sump off on the next oilchange and tell for sure, the underside of forged pistons should be machined where as the standard ones are just a cast finish, jeff