What make and Size of Tyres

shroom

Hi all,

Got myself a set of Rota Slipstreams 17 x 7.5

What tyres would people recommend for a road car please, trying to keep within a reasonable budget.

thanks

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Toyo t1r are a neutral tyre and a reasonable price size wise depend on offset, you an get away with 215/40/17. Same size as the Mini Cooper works I believe

grim_d

I'm a big fan of the t1r having used them for years but decided to try something new with Goodyear asymmetric 2 and I am similarly impressed, very soft sidewalls like the toyos so need to keep increasing pressure until you feel it's right.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
The following budget sports tyres:

Eagle AS2's (not badly priced and good all rounder for wet grip and dry)
Bridgestone RE002 Potenza Adrenalin (currently on my car and pretty decent)
Falken FK453 (great tyres)
Pirelli P Zero (driven them recently on another car and was really impressed)

Empty Pockets

Federal 595 rsr, probably not the right time of year for them but offer 888 levels of dry grip, ok in the wet, shit with standing water, bit noisy though but a good budget summer tyre, on par with much more expensive tyres imo.

Empty Pockets

Forgot to add, the rsr are like most semi/track style tyres, 888 etc, in that they have a much squarer shoulder so tend to come up 10-15mm over the equivalent sizes in a more road orientated tyre style/brand, i.E a 245 is more like a 255 eagle f1, toyo etc, worth baring in mind.

KieranEG6

Another vote for The Bridgestone Potenza RE002's. Have them on the Civic and Mx5. Don't think you will get better value for the Money, considering they don't cost that much more than T1Rs, they perform Much better and allround. On par if not better than the Eagle F1 AS2's.

As for size that depends on what spec you are. Pointless fitting oversized tyres if your at basic specs.

205/45R17
215/40R17
225/40R17

Personally wouldnt go much bigger.

Last edited:

shroom

Thanks for all the input guys its much appreciated. Its good to see what others are using.

I may have fked up on the offset tho as I forgot (it was ab eBay auction lol) and got carried away they are et 45 so may need to get spacers but I will test fit and see how bad it is lol.

I just spotted the 4x100 and thought perfect didnt think about the offset

shroom

Spec wise its going to stay around 300bhp as I dont plan on upgrading the turbo again so staying with a t28 that has been rebuilt etc.

I have some koni insert dampers and 30mm lowering springs or there abouts. I have purchased 4 pots so will need to look at my offset to see if its worth it with these alloys.

shroom

Spec wise its going to stay around 300bhp as I dont plan on upgrading the turbo again so staying with a t28 that has been rebuilt etc.

I have some koni insert dampers and 30mm lowering springs or there abouts. I have purchased 4 pots so will need to look at my offset to see if its worth it with these alloys.

KieranEG6

Seem on the larger side but should fit fine with reasonable tyres and small spacers, 5mm front, 10-15mm rear maybe.

I would see if you can get some 205/45 or 215/40 to test fit to make sure.