What have you done with your pulsar today?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
That is awesome news. Let’s hope you can be rolling in July/August to catch a bit of summer action. Been a long time for you Andy. You must have the patience of a saint
Once I get the engine back, I'll have the gearbox refreshed, new suspension, ECU and all the fiddlt bits that need doing.

I'd say the car should be road going for 2024 at this rate

MarkTurbo

So I managed to get the gear box off but not out. Tried a number of scenarios but I just can’t seem to stop it fouling the chassis. The transfer box shaft is just a little too long, I got close but no cigar. So if no one reads this by tomorrow and has some wise words to share I’m gonna have to drop the bloody engine.
Bit late now (sorry!) but if you undo the transferbox end casing and slide the front diff out the box comes off easy :p

Saying that I used to just drop the engine most of the time as its a lot easier to separate the engine/box on the floor.

Cathode

Bit late now (sorry!) but if you undo the transferbox end casing and slide the front diff out the box comes off easy :p

Saying that I used to just drop the engine most of the time as its a lot easier to separate the engine/box on the floor.
Huh! Where were you eh? Lol no worries. Nothing like a bit of experience to teach you.

So the box is on and I must’ve Spent 8 hours collectively getting those poxy polybush engine mounts lined up and in. Good god this has turned into a right’ol Marathon.

Tomorrow I’m going to help my dad cut his hedge - there’s a joke there somewhere - then it’s back home to spend god knows how long putting the rest of it back together.

Cathode

Yesterday - which is close enough to today - i spent 6 hours putting the car back together. So, what did i learn? I learnt that if it comes off or out easily, it doesn't necessarily go back on or in easily. There's another joke there somewhere Stu.

Cathode

Yesterday afternoon i discovered that the leaking may have stopped. I say may because i couldn't go to far due to a really heavy/hard brake pedal that barely moved because when dropping the engine, the pipe that connects to the solenoid valve for the diaphragm master-cylinder had popped off. Trying to get that back on is a proper bitch. I plan to do it this afternoon.

Cathode

I managed to get that pipe on which lurks behind the intake mani. Had to persuade it a little with a cro-bar.
I also found a vacuum pipe thhat was broken, so i replaced it. Hey presto! my car idles smoothly now. Very happy.

Last edited:

Sailor96

Previous owner had gauges drilled into the dash, patched and smoothed using some automotive filler. Gave the whole thing a sand as I'm planning on flocking the dash later

20240320_110120.jpg

Sailor96

Flocking stuff came in today so I prepped the dash with some light sanding. Took soapy water to get the area nice and clean. I used self etching primer and coated the entire thing in a few light coats until covered. Let sit for 3 hours to cure. Came back and quickly applied the adhesive, stuff dries really fast so the thicker the better, though I still only used about half of the stuff for how small our dashboards are. Used the mini flocked applicator, pretty much 2 cardboard tubes with holes that you fill with the fibers, and applied the stuff as fast and evenly as I could manage. Looks like a half decent job but I may have used too little adhesive. Waiting for it to cure 10-15 hours before shaking loose the rest of the fibers to see for sure

20240322_175348.jpg17111451503017924147779527469835.jpg

astarozna

Ha! Did the same thing just last week ordered flocking kit for a mate will pass the knowledge on. He did a try piece on a cardboard with a 5mm green grass but it shook loose (or some of it):)

Sailor96

Ha! Did the same thing just last week ordered flocking kit for a mate will pass the knowledge on. He did a try piece on a cardboard with a 5mm green grass but it shook loose (or some of it):)
Hope this helps then! The primer was probably not a nessisary step and I can't say weather or not it will help with adhesion. If he's using the tubes best to have 2 buddies work at it at the same time instead of trying alone, unless he has the compressed air kit. Also the full cure time is 72hr to a week, the initial 10-15 is good enough for shaking loose excess

Sailor96

Very fresh! cut to fit a roll cage??
I noticed you have some of those damn fuzz balls too, picked mine out after drying but was kind of a pain. Must be from the friction in the applicator or something :shrug: