What Engine Is In A Uk Pulsar???

k20 gtr

To be honest i much prefer the uk interior suits the car better than that old curtain material in the pulsars. i was having a look and the only differences i can see are... Seat belt buckles, gear gaitor, clock in the dash, speaker grills big plus no air con! And my insurance is £200 cheaper. Yes my arches are rusty but as it has been said these cars are averaging 14 years old.... Plus its great when people ask what car you've got... Oh just a nissan sunny... haha... well it would **** all over your car etc etc :lol: :lol: :lol:

W

will

nightmare!!! someone came from france to look at my 4x4 last wk!!!! nutter!! on a 265bhp pulsar how much would a front mount intercooler, de-cat stainless exhaust and good air filters increase that by? i want to achieve 280-290bhp so box lasts.

MarkTurbo

k20 gtr said:
Plus its great when people ask what car you've got... Oh just a nissan sunny... haha... well it would **** all over your car etc etc :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mines always being mistaken for a gtir lookalike because of the sunny badge on the back, i prefer to just let them think thats what it is too :lol:

tomble

The heater controls look pretty tacky in the uk spec one... the import is electronic, not a giant old skool slider!

i couldnt live with that, it would keep me awake at night just thinking about it

:)

tom

houghy_1

will: the standard box will be fine for over 300 bhp all day long despite what the reputation may be;-)
As far as power goes 280-290 is cheap to achieve.
Just look after your clutch(note: repeated 4-5 grand launches will cause standard clutch to expire:doh: )
A 'Goose and filter can see you at 230-240bhp,add a walbro fuel pump(£65),new plugs(Denso,NGK £30-45) and do the 1 bar trick(free!) with the boost solenoid and voila 1 bar all day long.
But youll want more so..

Get a dawes device(cheap option £40) or electronic boost controller(£150+) and also something to look after the fuel mixture(Apaxi s-afc, hks.. etc.£100+) and you can see up to 320bhp ish on about 1.2bar.
Clutches could be Helix organic or RPS(both around £300)

That should answer any further questions aswell hopefully;-)

Oh yeah UK spec is mapped at 95RON,JDM is mapped at 100 RON fuel so use V-Power or similar.

Matt

W

will

hi mate-thats great. im lookin for a nice R soon and i'll be shopping for those parts you listed. so standard box fine to 300 bhp or bit more and if anything uprate the clutch? thanks 4 your advice :-D

MarkTurbo

houghy_1 said:
the standard box will be fine for over 300 bhp all day long despite what the reputation may be;-)
Sorry but thats a load of rubbish ;-) :der:

Pretty much all the R's that ive had to rebuild or change boxes on are just average 1 bar cars, and ive even killed one running standard boost ;-) So saying that the box will take 300 bhp all day long is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

W

will

man these cars seem to be nightmares!!! im not loaded or a mechanic so dont think i'll get one now. money pits. if even standard they are expensive to run and repair i cant imagine how much grief a slightly modded one will be. :cry:

O

Odin

will said:
man these cars seem to be nightmares!!! I'm not loaded or a mechanic so don't think I'll get one now. money pits. if even standard they are expensive to run and repair i cant imagine how much grief a slightly modded one will be. :cry:

At last you've seen the light :lol: , You have to be made of sterner stuff than you fella to own a pulsar ;-) .

Rob

scottyd

I don't believe them to be nightmares, money pits yes but nightmares no, if your going to drive it like a twat all day long it will break like anything else (maybe not a fiesta those just run and run), they just need looked after, which i hope anyone that buys one will do in the first place.

W

will

so driven normally 70% of the time and just occasionally raced/pushed would make it ok? dont know weather to get one or not!!!! i really want one but want it on the road-not up on ramps most of the year!!!!! must be :der:

scottyd

If you really want one get one, experience it for yourself, if you dont like it, get rid of it, but i would definatley say get one, the only reason why they are apparently unreliable is because they are 15 years old, 15 year old parts are bound to go sooner or later, but if looked after and serviced regularly, the parts that will go are gonna cost pennies anyways. The only thing that has went wrong on my car has been the clutch hydraulic hose and seal, and to be honest i dont blame it, it was old and im using a twin plate clutch, so you expect it.

Last edited: