What Engine Is In A Uk Pulsar???

W

will

is it the SR20 DET which produces around 260bhp at 1bar of boost in a gtir?? im possibly buying a white uk one this week :-D

Mr GTiR

errrrrmmmmm, the last time i checked the UK and JDM GTiR have both the same engine as they were built in the SAME factory in Japan!

A good 1 bar R will produce anything from 265 to 280bhp.

W

will

Grir Engine???

cheers guys. your tech knowledge is much appreciated!! im just lookin at pulsars but know nothing. is ebay Item number: 180131835211 worth that in your opinion? high mileage???

Mr GTiR

IMO, i would not buy off Flebay. The car has high mileage and rusty rear arches! Most UK cars i have seen have been full of rot as they have not been undsealed and the spec compared to JDM cars are rubbish.

Buy a car of here or off a GTiR owners club as the owners in general will tend to look after there cars to a high standard.

If you have £3.5k to spend i persoanly know of a few cars for sale which have been well looked after and have goodies on them.

Will, where are you based?

W

will

hi mate!! finally someone that knows wot they're talking about!!!! i've got a 4x4 valued at £5'800. i think realistically i'll get 4.5k for it. weather i sell it and buy a R with cash or swop it - i dont really mind. just after an ok one. im in horsham-west sussex. not far from brighton.

Mr GTiR

Why do you want a UK car? They don't get half the stuff on the JDM imports and have had years of mud and salt on there arches unlike the JDM cars.

Bugger i'm based up in Manchester.

B

beastgtir

Distance should be no barrier, i travelled 600 miles (round trip) to buy my GTiR.

W

will

not bothered about it being uk car. will have any-that one just caught my eye!! i'll travel for one-but not maga distance coz im sure one will come up within a few houdred miles!!! is a standard box ok to 300bhp?

Fire & skill

Vintage member
all the good cars are down your way mate! trust me, every car thats caught my eye is from Brighton, Southampton etc

you should have saw the red uk sunny that was on last week - it was fab :-D

MarkTurbo

Mr GTiR said:
The car has high mileage and rusty rear arches! Most UK cars i have seen have been full of rot as they have not been undsealed and the spec compared to JDM cars are rubbish.
I think you'll find its the other way round, the uk cars were undersealed and the jap imports werent ;-) The only differance in spec between the 2 is that the uk cars had plastic door cards instead of cloth covered and dont come with aircon (which your better off without anyway :lol: )

That rust on the arch is nothing major either its a 14 year old car for f**ks sake, you cant expect it to be mint and most imports are covered in rust bubbles by now too :doh: 110,000 miles on a 14 year old car is hardly high either :roll: Thats less than 10,000 a year and most jap imports have probably done that anyway despite what the clocks say ;-) Mines done over 130,000 miles now without ever having been rebuilt and its been running quite happily at 1.5 bar for a while now so high miles dosent mean a thing ;-)

When you consider the cars got a load of service history so you know the miles are genuine, the clocks are already in mph so no messing about with converting it from kmh to mph or having to get rid of the 112 mph limiter, and that being a uk car you'll save some money on insurance i'd say that wasnt a bad car for the money ;-)

Mr GTiR

Mark well spotted (my mistake, smartarse :p ), but most of the UK cars i've seen have got rusty rear arches. When compared to JDM cars that have only just come in, they tend to have bugger all rust.

My cars is 17 years old and have been in the UK for 7 years now with not a trace of rust or rot :thumbsup:

W

will

so many opinions!!! ahhh! i've seen them going with half the miles for less money-with nice alloys and front mount intercooler etc? so any known goodies in the south???

MarkTurbo

Mine been in this country for just over 14 years and theres only a few little spots of rust on it, you need to catch it before it gets like that one on ebay :lol: It stands out more on white cars too :doh:

W

will

white one £2k worth??? clean one worth £4k plus? for £3.5k you'd want a rust free one with some extra performance bits? anyone want my £4.5k 4x4?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W

westy_y2k3

i travelled 9 hours round trip for mine well worth it didnt put a foot wrong loved it trust me it was a long saturday. and funny enough the lad i bought it off left a load of stuff in it that he needed for monday morning or he was fired lol so he done the same trip on the sunday crazy need to get some pics uploaded

Fire & skill

Vintage member
westy_y2k3 said:
i travelled 9 hours round trip for mine well worth it didnt put a foot wrong loved it trust me it was a long saturday. and funny enough the lad i bought it off left a load of stuff in it that he needed for monday morning or he was fired lol so he done the same trip on the sunday crazy need to get some pics uploaded

:lol: :lol:

what a donut :doh: - thats funny! :thumbsup: