what does an uprated actuator do ?

A

Anonymous

SRB power quoted me 88 gbp for an uprated HKS one, and I now found a standard one for only 10 gbp on ebay !

but what does an uprated one do better over a standard one ?

A

antilag

its the preload on them our one starts to open at about 0.4 and u can get a uprated one that opens later ect ours is adjustable anyway though

G

GODZUKI

adjustable anyway though

Does this mean it is pointless buying a uprated one then.

What diff will it make to the running of the car then.

A

antilag

well no difference really i dnt no how much u can adjust the standard actuater too but pretty sure it will serve watever boost u need but i am not totally sure as i dnt play with internal wastegates due to having an external :wink: but i ran 1.6 bar on standard and it worked fine

A

Anonymous

Do you know how to adjust the originall actuator.

jonathan.

S

Sirnixalot

the HKS actuator can control boost a little more acurately at lower boost levels and alot better at higher boost levels.

A

Anonymous

I will probably be running round 1,25 bar of boost thru a blitz dsbc boost controller... So wot would be the best thing to do ? 10 gbp standard or 88 gbp hks ?

A

antilag

yes mate its just a 10mm spanner u turn the nut to make it stronger for more boost so if u clip the rod off to get more boost u want to wind it in so its harder to clip the rod back onto the wastegate

N

Ninja_tune_factory

nd do a actuator kit it about £130+the c**t vat . any way they say that its a safer way to uprate you boost then a bleed valva you can set it up to 1.2bar .

zia

you carn,t manually adjust the boost by tightening the actuator and even if you could you,d probably have take the turbo off to do it because it,s on the engine side that why you use boost controllers. if your not going increase above 1.2 bar you,ll be o.k with 10gpb one

zia