What do I need for a good rebuild, and where to do it.

A

Anonymous

Hi guys, title says it all.
I want a good rebuild, with as much power gain as possible.
The JWT 2.4 stroker kit looks nice, but I heard someone mention it wouldn't be able to rev high ? I'd like to end up with a 600 -700 bp R , that's gas included. 500-550 bhp R without gas is possible, what do you guys think ?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think you're going to need loads of money :wink:
It might be best to talk to Ian at Hiteq or maybe Simon Norris at Norris designs and see what they have to say. :)

A

Anonymous

I KNOW I'm gonna need loads of money :)
but that's no prob, its a project ment for about 5 years.

J

jasegould

Are you going to do it yourself?? If youre not then ring the different tuners and speak with them and discuss exactly what you want and how to achieve it.

There is a search facility on this forum which you can use, also there is the SR20 forum which will be worth a look.

The initial concern is would the SR20DET block be capable of handling 600-700 bhp?? I know skyline blocks were "accidentally" over engineered to take big power but not sure on the SR20 blocks?

And then theres transmission, youll prob have to spend a fortune on it to handle the big bhp, and undoutbetly by building a 600-700 bhp R there will probably be a lot of experimental work, trial and error stuff which could be expensive??

A

antilag

no one will ever run 700hp on an r reliably because there is no transmission to take that power and probably never will b as no one will ever b prepared to spend tens of thousands developing a good strong setup.people with gtir's havent really got the sort of money needed to waste on stuff like that and once it was developed who's gonna spend 10 grand plus on a gearbox and clutch??????? no one thats who cos there ent a demand for it

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
antilag said:
no one will ever run 700hp on an r reliably because there is no transmission to take that power and probably never will b
I think PAR claim 650bhp for their dog box. If you realy want big power i think you might have to look at 650bhp as your limit unless you have unlimited funds to develope a stronger transmission.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Don't any of you remember the JUN SR20DET engine... It was expected to hit 800bhp but got to 751bhp on 100RON fuel @ 2BAR... The turbo can be pushed furthur too... :shock:

Some smart lad in Australia then went and dropped it into an 89 Silvia... :shock: Go figure...

The engine including turbo and anything else required in the engine bay cost £35k...

Rishi

If u want something reliable go and get a better and newer sportscar.

But if u're willing to aim for that big hp the sky is the limit.
Keep modifying but remember that big hp equals more rebuilds and more stress on the drivetrain which means more $$$.

A

Anonymous

You'd be perfectly able to get 500 hp out of the R.
Add gas and you're there !
I know this is easy speaking, but there's a first for everything !

Si..

first off you'll need ten's of thousand's ££, a gear box that doesnt exist and be prepared for when it blow's up the first time you try a standing quarter. :?

A

antilag

par box taking 650hp lmao i made a gearbox out of macaroni cheese that can take 700hp does anyone want one

A

Anonymous

£££££

this as u know is gonna cost but ur savin a shit load of $$$$$$ because to buy a car with that much power would costthe best part of at least 100k.
there was a company offering 680 bhp for 10 k add maybe another 10 k for quaffe diffs and transfer an internal cogs in box an u got a super car for a bargain.
so go for itan good luck.
P.s i heard all nissan parts are interchangeable why not look at fittin a skyline gtr r34 box prop diff and atessa control brain . those boxes take 650 bhp!!!!