What air filter

pete-r

ive got the hks mushroom :( .i think a lot of the fresher imports already have these on,but i reckon ill get rid of mine as ive heard too many bad things about them.

A

Anonymous

I have a HKS superflow filter, works fine so far. looks like i might shop around for another filter. thanks guys :? hehehe

J

JamesGti-R

I have an Apexi air filter on my R, very happy with it indeed. Fitting was easy and it also fits really well, solid once the bracket is fitted. Can't really tell performance wise as a filter and Apexi BOV are the only mods I have, but it sounds cool :D

OZ - £92 brand new is a great price mate, cheapest I know of is Matty Gti-R on this board.

Cheers,

James.

G

gav

Airfilter

Dodgysam said:
just personal preference in my case

I have watched flow tests done on heaps of different filters and i saw the pipercross out perform everything else.

They out filtrated and out flowed everything else that was there that day...

So i believed my own eyes and went with what i saw was the best
and iv stuck with them ever since.
Which pipercross filter have you got.? My mate is trying to sell me 1 of those new viper evo thingys but not sure how good they are. Worked well on a collegues clio V6. Only porb is that every1 here seems to have a prob with pipercross. :D

C

chris-b

firstly -BEN your right the oiled filters are a bit dodgy becoz the oil sticks to the 'hot wires' in the MAF. as mentioned- yes dont over-oil them. The main reason you aint noticed the crap in the intake anymore is coz there is no oil for the dust and crap to stick to so instead it is/could be going straight in the engine! :shock:

secondly- viper kits are w*&k for our sorts of cars in terms of enclosed filters- there good on stuff like saxo's etc. there poo due to the size and its restrictions on a turbo like ours. a large BMC type would be better. or alternatively- enclose your cone and feed in a big f888k off ram pipe from the front- thats best way to go.
IMO apexi is best normal i/k coz of ACTUAL test results! and matty does em sooooo cheap!
chris

A

Anonymous

Re: Airfilter

gav said:
Which pipercross filter have you got.? My mate is trying to sell me 1 of those new viper evo thingys but not sure how good they are. Worked well on a collegues clio V6. Only porb is that every1 here seems to have a prob with pipercross. :D
I got a Pipercross vortex filter. It works wikked, Maybe our pipercross filters are different to yours as they are made under license down here by another engineering company.

Also...as a side note...when i go to a fmic im gonna have a sexy new idea for a new intake...will keep you posted for when it comes along.

O

Odin

I have a pipercross filter good for 500bhp but then my car doesn't use a maf 8) :wink: .

So there: hahahahahahahaha

rob

A

Anonymous

What about HKS mushrooms. They r really good on the subaru not sure bout the r though.