We need to have a track day!

J

jiw

Speaking from experience Jimmy i see :lol:

Sorry my Ring is a one way valve which is cordoned off with "no entry" signs :p

MarkTurbo

Stoned said:
Not really the right time of year is it?
Shouldnt you be in the RS "we only take our cars out in the summer" owners club :lol: :lol: :lol:

It makes it more interesting when you've got cars spinning off right infront of you :shock: Ive got some good incar footage of Castle combe when it was pissing down if anyone wants it :wink:

S

Stoned

lol I think Zia will testify i'm really not bothered by cars spinning off right in front of me :lol:

I just thought you'd like have a better day when it's a little warmer, traction wise etc?

bracpan

Well if Bex is a numpty, she is a great looking one.. :D
(She cant really be a numpty as she likes great cars)

Merry Christmas every one.

Phil 8)

B

bex

bracpan said:
Well if Bex is a numpty, she is a great looking one.. :D
(She cant really be a numpty as she likes great cars)

Merry Christmas every one.

Phil 8)
thank you :oops:

im not a numpty jimmys a numpty :lol: ;)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
See i like the idea of all meeting up in London...

Then getting the train over to France and then driving/racing over to either the Ring or Spa...

Staying in a hotel over night and then around the circuit all day and afternoon...

Then a late afternoon blast back to London where we all have hotels booked and then out for a mad night out..

That would be my plan anyway...

Rishi

B

bex

RishiGTiR said:

Then getting the train over to France and then driving/racing over to either the Ring or Spa...

Staying in a hotel over night and then around the circuit all day and afternoon...

Then a late afternoon blast back to London where we all have hotels booked and then out for a mad night out..

Rishi
sorry to tell you this but not everyone is a millionaire! :lol:

would be fun though!

;)

Rishi

bex said:
RishiGTiR said:

Rishi
sorry to tell you this but not everyone is a millionaire! :lol:

would be fun though!

;)

Its not going to be that bad... I'd say £1000 at the most for Spa for those traveling from the North... This would include all hotels and fuel... £700 if we go to the Ring...

And it would be such a good laugh too... And you'll have the pleasure of the Autobahn, twisties and of course Spa/Ring itself...

Rishi

B

bex

£1000 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:lol:

i could go on two sunny holidays with that!

wheres the spa? is it hot there in summer?

plus theres the worries of the R's actually being able to get there and not breaking down! :lol:

Rishi

bex said:
£1000 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:lol:

i could go on two sunny holidays with that!

wheres the spa? is it hot there in summer?

plus theres the worries of the R's actually being able to get there and not breaking down! :lol:

Spa is in Belgium... Only 3 hours away from the Eurostar....

It would probably be more like £700 from the North and about £400 - £500 from those from the south...

Just depends on Fuel...

Well with my job i'm always on holiday.... :lol:

Rishi

D

deslynam

here is a thought

How about we hire a track for the day?

My old car club previously used Snetterton, Oulton Park, Croft and Cadwell Park amongst others and had some good fun.
Costs are around £100-£140 but works well, that usually includes 2 nominated drivers per car.

I know a chap from uk-trackdays.com who might be able to sort it out on our behalf, but I think we'd need to open it up to others to keep up numbers.

ashills

i know of a sprint track i can hire if people would be interested its an hour or so north of london and we basically hire the whole track/course and run it how we want the mlr do regular sprints and get massive turn outs etc

D

deslynam

Only prob with a sprint circuit is that they're quite small and you usually only do one lap at a time don't you - against the clock?

Have there been many club trackdays before, and have many people taken their 'Rs on track before? :?:

ashills

its just like a bit of fast driving round the lanes lol
everyone is in the same boats its just some fun and when it costs about 1/4 of the price of a track day normally everyone has a good day etc