water in plugs

huu-raa

my car is doing alot of miss firing lately so i treated it to some new leads to solve problem but when doing this there was water in the plug wells whats the best way to stop this happening?? fit a full length plug cover?

John

Yup plug cover would be the best solution or get the car in garage/under a cover to stop water ingress during rainy periods when the car is sitting unused.

GTIR-LOZ

i bought some blue silicon leads and i havnt had the prob since its been years now as long as the plug lead seals over the hole you will be fine you could try some grese round there etc or as above fit a full length plug cover

olliecast

yeah plug cover mate. and mabe but the blanks back in the vents over winter if you`ve taken them out (i`m running a plug cover with the vents out and its fine)

gtir_pimp

or have you got the big bit of rubber that sits on the inside of the big main vent off? lots of rain will get in this way and without a plug cover the leads will get wet. i got one with a rubber seal on the plug cover i bought from ebay which is a good bit of kit and keeps water out