wanted fast pulsar : £7000 to spend

Reliable 450hp ish is fairly easy to do, when you go over 500 and want reliability then it costs money.....if you try to cut corners it will fail.
Completely true, 450bhp can be achieved on a forged bottom end, acl bearings, arp rod bolts, Cosworth head gasket, stock inlet and ported exhaust manifolds with a GT3071R all looked after by a Nistune with Z32 MAF, obviously not an exhaustive list, but you could probably build the entire car for circa 10k with uprated brakes/suspension if you knew what you were doing.

When you move into the realm of 500bhp+ you're looking at putting 10k into the gearbox alone. All of a sudden all of the other weak links come to the surface that you didn't need to consider before; steel liners in block, uprated synchros and selectors, cases, final drive etc. You run out of scope with Nistune and need to look to more costly ECU's and ignition systems (Motec, Haltec Syvec etc.). You start to find the itb's in the inlet become a restriction ad you need o move to custom exhaust manifold as turbos with T25 flange turbine housings are just too small for the power output. Before you know it you're at the thick end of 35k

Last edited:

red reading

Completely true, 450bhp can be achieved on a forged bottom end, acl bearings arp rod bolts, Cosworth head gasket, stock inlet and ported exhaust manifolds with a GT3071R all looked after by a Nistune with Z32 MAF, obviously not an exhaustive list, but you could probably build the entire car for circa 10k with uprated brakes/suspension if you knew what you were doing.

When you move into the realm of 500bhp+ you're looking at putting 10k into the gearbox alone. All of a sudden all of the other weak links come to the surface that you didn't need to consider before; steel liners in block, uprated synchros and selectors, cases, final drive etc. You run out of scope with Nistune and need to look to more costly ECU's and ignition systems (Motec, Haltec Syvec etc.). You start to find the itb's in the inlet become a restriction ad you need o move to custom exhaust manifold as turbos with T25 flange turbine housings are just too small for the power output. Before you know it you're at the thick end of 35k
O so true, trouble is there is many people in the world of the gtir that think they know what they are on about when tuning them, even though they have never proven anything, except how not to build a car! I can list a few cars that I have seen that were making good power, some blew up,some could not put the power down, ultimately they were half done hash ups. A select few spent the money and had the right people fix the cars....hence why they are still running and being used now.

vpulsar

My old one cost over 40k to build I've got receipts for 67k in total but that is including the costs of the mistakes along the way, Dannys car is a bargain. The

Maverick

You could check out my thread in the for sale section. Price down to 3800. Use the rest to get the engine forged etc. Currently around 300bhp.

beau

not gone, just doing xmas shopping...

nothing that appeals to me yet.

but like i said on my first post, if nothing comes up ASAP i will move on to something else, im going to view a car tomorrow (and it aint a pulsar) im impatient!

bracpan

Very nice car with great spec mate! If I had the spare funds i'd have it in a sec.

Ricky
Thanks, I am open to offers if your still interested. Its has to go in the new year and I would hate to brake it. If your thinking of doing any competition it will save you a lot of money.

beau

i got one in the end, had it quite a while now, dont know why people seemed to doubt my genuine interest in buying one :/