UK spec fog light hybrid.

Nick K

After fitting the Sunny rear fog light set on the pulsar yesterday it got me thinking about a bit of a hybrid system to keep the twin site lights on both clusters but still have the fog light set up like the uk spec. Has this been tried before??

So basically with normal rear lights on with :

Pulsar you have 4 side lights and 4 brake lights 2 x 2.

Sunny you have 2 side lights and 2 brake lights 1 x 1 + Fog.

With a bit of relay magic and a cluster mod you could have the 4 x 4 lights as pulsar but when the fog button is pressed its disables the passenger side inner sides/brakes lamps and puts on the 21w brake inner drivers side lamp to give the fog light as on uk spec vehicle.

I've fitted the uk fog cluster and light outer on my drivers side with loom plug and taken out the inner bulb on the passenger side for now so it looks right. But was thinking I could make this a better set up.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
In short; yes, but mine is even simpler than that.

One of the tail light bulbs was replaced with a double filament one, and there's wiring going to the dash to turn it on. - I think it's just got a shared live and the switch is on the earth so it only comes on if the headlights are also on.

There was a spare bulb holder in amongst the stuff that came with the car, and it took me a while to realise where it had come from.

warringtonjack

I think mine is even simpler than that! I just wired a fog light switch from the dash to the lower of the brake lights. The end.