turbo elbow/screamer pipe

Godzilla

is the elbow worth getting , and does one with screamer make much difference or just more noise when stamping the loud pedal , plus i did a search no ebay but nothing just loads for the s13/s14 silvia am guessing as there the same engine i can get away with buying one for them cant i ,

R

riske

I'm doing a GB on GTIR specific elbows and screamers... check it out.

Also screamer does provide very slight gains over plumback but i definately wouldnt suggest this if you get pissed off with a goose, this is about the same if not louder.

R

riske

Oh and the s13/s14 dont have the same engine and the elbows would require some modification to make it fit if it fitted at all.

Godzilla

oh right that shut me up lol , iv sort of blocked out the goose sound now just crank up the stereo problem solved a screw everyone else, il take a look at the GB , as for the engine i knew the gtir is a better variant of the sr20det than the rest have but surely its not that different (care too shine light on this for me ) cheers

R

riske

The gtir is different in many ways. The flange from the turbo would fit but the whole system wouldnt line up and Infact the downpipe and elbow wouldnt match up. They are also mounted differently so the mounts wouldnt be able to be fitted so your system would be hanging randomly. Trust me you would need a gtir specific system.

Last edited by a moderator:

boost

Guys...all in all the complete full exhaust costs nearly half a bag of sand..gees.. but looks nicely made ;-)

R

riske

Its a full 3" stainless steel exhaust system. Your never gonna get one for peanuts...

snoon

Elbow is well worth getting - I couldn't believe the power increase and quicker spool up time once I had mine made up. Defo the best BHP for ££'s mod I have done.

You can get a custom one made up for around £300

Godzilla

il probly get the elbow thats it as i have full goose system with apexi downpipes just the elbow and manifold i think that is standard,