turbo and hg questions

hi guys..
I have got a gt2876r turbo with ar .64 in my garage..but on std t28 turbo has got .86 turbine housing..
if I install gt2876r with .64 turbine housing on my R,what are the prolems?

anyone have fitted on his R a t28 series with .64 turbine housing?

what do you think about cometic metal head gasket?
std head gasket how much boost and bhp support?
if I install a gt2876r what is the max boost I can use with std hg?
attend your reply
thanks
bye
Andrea

nismoboy

the gt2876 has a very small turbine wheel so using a smaller .64 turbine housing is only gonna make things worse tbh.
Cometic hgs are shite!
I wouldnt go much more than 1.5 bar on the standard hg tbh.

red reading

cometic have had a very high failure rate on tuned cars due to poor sealing,you better off with a new standard gasket than a cometic. and a 2876r with a .64 housing will strangle the car on the exhaust side and is a very missmatched combination,for drive ability and less lag you are better off with the standard turbo..

Trondelond

And the std turbo won't take much more than 1.2 bar, so problem solved then. :D

I'm wondering though - if the Cometic gaskets are suffering from the same syndrome as Rota, with horror stories about exploding rims and whatnot. Considering the amount of Rotas out there, it would surprise me more if none of them failed. And it seems that a LOT of people are running Cometic. perhaps insufficient decking and such plays a factor with the metal gaskets. They are cheap, so perhaps they find their way onto a higher number of "budget builds".

red reading

trondelond cometic on pulsars are just sh1t,cosworth did test's on them and others if you search the internet you will see the results and they are shocking

Trondelond

Oh, so it's a Pulsar specific problem? As I've heard quite a few success stories regarding these gaskets, but I'll admit that I've heard none from the R. :) I've seen the tests you mention, yes. Didn't look good.

thanks guys..
but with std head gasket the max affidably boost with g2876 is 1,5bar?
I want do on my R with std engine
gt2876r with ar86
38mm ex wg
tubolar manifold
rc 750cc injector
hks 264
z32 maf
walbro fuel pump
fmic
acl race bearing
full mongoose
metal clutch+fidanza flywheel

second you how many hp can produce the car with gt28676 @ 1,4bar?
is affidably?

420hp with 3071r(t28 flang or t3 flange)@ 1,4bar and stock internal?
the engine has got 80k km or 50k milage
is affidably@ 1,4bar?
can I use it in track days in monza without engine ploblem?

at what rev is full boos the 3071r?and what the 2871r?

red reading

3071r t28 flange internal w/g 400 ish at 1.4 bar 420ish at 1.5 bar full boost at around 3500-3700 rpm with the other right supporting mods,as for the trackdays on the standard engine it's a lottery it all depend's on how healthy the engine is in the first place milage mean's not alot,if you have a standard gearbox or a not very good clutch i'd bet they fail first

thanks a lot for your reply
you prefer for my engine mod to use the gt2871 or gt3071?
400hp@1,4bar is agood result and 420hp@1.5bar is excellent..but 1.4/1.5bar on gt3071/2871r it is possible with std head gasket second you?

red reading

i would fit a hks,tomei,cosworth headgasket for safety or run at 1.2-1.3 bar till you get a chance to fit one