Tuning with a MAP Sensor

Marcello

Hello everyone,

i recently purchased a haltech e8 also i have the stock quad throttle bodies

now with the 3 bar map sensor to be installed i was wondering if anyone could specifically tell me the best way of installing this and getting a good vacuum signal

if anyone can help i would really appreciate it

thankyou

gtir350

This problem on my Link G3 was sorted using the 4D mapping tab.

From the info file
---
In special cases 3D mapping may not be adequately flexible to cope with all operating parameters. Multi-throttle turbo charged engines typically show an example of this. With the throttle wide-open at a MAP value of 200kPa and an engine speed of 5000rpm the engine will have considerably different fueling requirements than with the throttle half open and the same MAP and engine speed. In this case the 4D Fuel Table table may be used. This second table may be spanned using throttle position on the load axis. In this particular scenario it may be desirable to span the main fuel table load axis using throttle position and the 4D table using MAP, although either method is capable of producing the desired result.
---

Marcello

This problem on my Link G3 was sorted using the 4D mapping tab.

From the info file
---
In special cases 3D mapping may not be adequately flexible to cope with all operating parameters. Multi-throttle turbo charged engines typically show an example of this. With the throttle wide-open at a MAP value of 200kPa and an engine speed of 5000rpm the engine will have considerably different fueling requirements than with the throttle half open and the same MAP and engine speed. In this case the 4D Fuel Table table may be used. This second table may be spanned using throttle position on the load axis. In this particular scenario it may be desirable to span the main fuel table load axis using throttle position and the 4D table using MAP, although either method is capable of producing the desired result.
---

thats some top info, for this to work with you however what vacum source are you getting this from?

thankyou

Marcello

Doesn't matter where if your using the above example - provided its post throttle plates.

thanks for the reply mate, but im not sure what u mean by post throttle plates?

only reason im asking is because people with fellow r's that i know say that they have either hooked it up to the black box behind the intake plenum or the 4 vacum outlets on the throttle bodies and that didnt work thats why im asking

Marcello

Use the smaller pipe that's above the green one, but has no pipe on it in that pic.

thanks
for your fantastic effort for helping me man I really appreciate it

ok so now that I know which pipe to use ,

now this is my question ,

do I t-piece that vacuum line or do I just go straight to the
map sensor

because doesn’t that pipe go to something else that will not work if I remove
it ?

Thanks

Fusion Ed

You can T piece it but connect that pipe ONLY to the fuel pressure regulator. So the MAP sensor and FPR see the same line. However only do that if your keeping the FPR in the same stock location and can keep pipes short. If you cannot keep the pipes short (less than half a meter total) then put the map sensor on that on its own, and T the FPR of one of the larger pipes.

Marcello

You can T piece it but connect that pipe ONLY to the fuel pressure regulator. So the MAP sensor and FPR see the same line. However only do that if your keeping the FPR in the same stock location and can keep pipes short. If you cannot keep the pipes short (less than half a meter total) then put the map sensor on that on its own, and T the FPR of one of the larger pipes.
AWSOME!!!

thanks man , great explaination!!!!!!!

i can pretty much do either option now , very excited now hopefully ill get no problems on the dyno

, thanks so much fusion ed!

Marcello

lol i know this is going to be a bit contradictive but is it better to tune via MAP or TPS for the quad throttles?
?