tuning the Power FC: dedicated topic

vizi0n

To all the PowerFC geeks, I seek help! :)

Model: PowerFC AP Engineering : SR20DET5 v3.12a, FCC v3.36C

I've just installed my PowerFC yesterday and fitted my 660cc's. Done the idle-learn sequence and the idle is spot on between 950 and 1000 and the car runs well except for some minor knocking when driving around, and one main problem:

Question 1)
When I drive around and release the throttle the revs drop waaay below regulard idle (between 650 and 800) and the car gets close to a stalling point. This happens even when I'm decelerating on compression and/or braking at a stop. It was doing that with the stock ecu only after a hard acceleration if I stopped very quickly or pressed the clutch pedal and held it until it stalled.

Is there any way to fix this kind of problem?

Question 2)
Why is my knocking not a number but a bar thats goes from left to right? Is it an older version of the software?

Question 3)
When I start the car, it won't rev high then lower to 1000, it justs goes directly to 950-1000. It feels a bit strange as it's not what I'm used to but it starts.

Last edited:

Fire & skill

Vintage member
is there any way I can fit the power fc before I drive it up to the tuners? i have injectors to fit and a Z32 maf. I'm sure they would fit it but they asked me to do it, and apparently I can set it to base map as well?

Any help appreciated

shroom

I think they have a stock map simular to the normal GTiR ecu, so if you install it it should still run as it is but im not 100 sure

Fire & skill

Vintage member
just trying to work other stuff out now, ive worked out my injector setting to be 78% and Ive figured out a Z32 Maf is a VG30(thanks Ed). I ran the car for ten mins like it says and I switched the rear heated screen on and ran for a bit longer, the car was hunting like mad and still is, between 1100 - 1600 rpm.

any idea why it would be hunting? worth trying again now its warmed up?

Last edited: