TRIMMED DASH!!

J

jonnyboy

hi all, a while ago someone posted up some pictures of there dash that they had retrimmed in I THINK alcantera.
i have had a search but cant find the pics, does anyone know who it was or where the pics are posted..............................?
TA :)moved to styling-skiddusmarkus

J

jonnyboy

that's the one 8) where did you bye the material for it and roughly how much ?

p.s sorry for posting in wrong section :?

BenD

i was talking to an auto upholsterer who came into my work the other day, and i mentioned using alcantara to trim my dash, but said they would not want to do it as the adhesive fecks the fabric up, so i would just like to know what adhesive was used to stick the alcantara?

Cheers

Ben

A

antilag

cream from a japenese boys slong and he's been eating nothing but mash potato for 10 years

Mr GTiR

For the people who don't know, my younger bro's retrims car interior panels and ICE installs in his spare time and decided to do my dash one day. He's even done an Evo 5 dash which looks the bollocks and also Coxie's dash.

I can't tell you how much the alcantara is but if you want to pm me i'll gladly discuss it off line. But all i say is that the geniuin stuff retails for £90 per frabric meter.

The person who told you that it fucks up the fabric is talking out of his ass! The only time this would happen is when you buy fack alcantra. The stuff my bro uses is the real stuff 8) All of my install and interior is done in alcantara and there's enough people on these forums who will vouch for his work!

As for the glue, my bro uses industrial strength glue which can not be brought domestically. At a push when he can't get any he will use Timebond but it's not very good.

Regards
Andy

Uncle Winnet

ive seen all andys and Coxies dash and my friends has the evo dash that he has done can not fault this guy if u need a dash or any othere part doing get phil to do it top lad if u ask me

:D :D :D :D :D :D

john

gtirmouse

omg that looks fuckin awesome proper rallycar style i really want mine done!

do u have 2 take the dash out or can u do it in the car?

Mr GTiR

gtirmouse said:
do u have 2 take the dash out or can u do it in the car?
nope the dash has to be taken out and fully stripped (it's quite an easy job, not as bad as i thought it would be :wink: )

p.s. PM sent fella

Mr GTiR

For anyone who is coming to Trax and wants to see an example of a dash my bro has trimmed up meet me on the Octain Junkies stand (or the second stand for the GTiROC) and we'll have an Evo 6 with the dash retimeed in black alcantara. If i'm not there then it's a black Evo 6 on 17" OZ.

If you really want to see this dask pm me for more details.

Regards
Andy