transfer box

nismo-400R

[SIZE=+0]gonna take the gearbox off 2moz to do my clutch,leavein engine in tho,just wanna know can i still leave the transfer box in aswell and just take box off?[/SIZE]

simpulsar

you would be better off droping the engine and box together m8. i done my clutch in mine and tried to take the box off without droping the engine and i couldnt do it had to drop the engine aswel. ive gotta take my gearbox out again cos ive blown it up and would definatly drop the 2 together it would be alot easier

P

pulsarboby

your right it is easier in the longrun, but can be done in situ if needs be

P

pulsarboby

why? it has to come off spline whether engine is in or out, providing you drop gearbox mounts it can be done, ive done it!

P

pulsarboby

no mate, leave the nasty critter off! there a bl00dy pain in the ass

Trip

Sorry to bulge in. Is this the Y bracket under the inlet manifold you are talking about ?

Trip

Tell me about it, tried to remove some wires from the starter motor the other and failed. It will help for weight saving too :p

There is another bracket on the passenger side just below the inlet hole, can that be removed too ?

nismo-400R

i think its best just to remove the y bracket,best to leave the other on to give the inlet some support,i could be wrong,any1 back me up?also when puttin the gearbox and tranny box back on the block do you have to use some sealant?

MarkTurbo

nismo-400R said:
i think its best just to remove the y bracket,best to leave the other on to give the inlet some support,i could be wrong,any1 back me up?
Nope, cos i binned that one too ;-) :lol:

nismo-400R said:
also when puttin the gearbox and tranny box back on the block do you have to use some sealant?
To seal what exactly :lol: No you dont ;-) Did you put sealant around the oil seal where the shaft comes out of the transferbox before you bolted it back to the gearbox?

MarkTurbo

Its best to, just put a bead of gasket sealant around it ;-)

Its easier than putting it all back together then finding you've got gear oil leaking out between the gearbox and transferbox :doh: Ive never done it but i know somebody that has :lol: :lol: :lol:

nismo-400R

thanx for lettin me know mate
,where did you put the earth wire that comes off the bracket?its not the y bracket its the other one you have binned theres a wire on the side of it,can you earth it anywhere?coz ill leave that off 2

P

pulsarboby

put a longer bit of wire on it, and take it to any good earth point, think i used one of the points where recirc valve was bolted