tomei cams

nismoboy

i currently have hks 264 cams inlet 11mm and ex 10.5mm and im thinking of changing them to a tomie 260 12mmin and 12mm ex. would this make a big differnce in performance? and is it worth the extra money to do this considering i would need uprated valve springs etc. thanks.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Stick with what you've got...

You'll need the

TOMEI Cams
TOMEI Valve Springs
TOMEI Cam Gears

Add that cost up... Its not cheap...

You won't notice a great deal of difference with your spec to be honest...

If i were you i'd be looking at the TOMEI or JUN 270/272

Rishi

Nad

Tomei Valve springs only cope upto 11.8mm and they said themselves you would need other bolts as the other 0.2mm would cause binding.

Nad

S

stokie1

heard about this spring problem so asked tomei when ordered engine
off them, they said no problem with them, unless they r going to use
someone elses springs and not tell me

Rishi

Nad said:
Tomei Valve springs only cope upto 11.8mm and they said themselves you would need other bolts as the other 0.2mm would cause binding.

Nad
See i looked into this a little...

I'm sure that they only need to support 11.8mm list as they sit higher in the GTiR than in the 200SX SR20DET...

If you look you'll see that they supply 12.5mm springs for that engine but not ours... I'm sure the extra lift/height is made up from the retainers or something like that...

Rishi

Nad

Im only going by an email they sent me, I asked withh teh 12mm lift cams work with the 11.8mm spring, they said no.

Nad

Rishi

But why make correct springs for the 200SX and not the GTiR... Seems silly...

I'm sure that these springs get the extra hight from somewhere...

Rishi

Nad

RishiGTiR said:
But why make correct springs for the 200SX and not the GTiR... Seems silly...

I'm sure that these springs get the extra hight from somewhere...

Rishi
I'm not sure how they differ from the 200sx but I think it was to do with the lack of market as well.

Nad

Rishi

Been speaking to my engine builder who i brought this topic up with...

Now they say that they are marked up(paint colour coding) as Skyline spec springs...

When ordering this setup from Japan my Springs were on special order... took a month to make... Going by the paint coding they are not the usual GTiR Springs... Looks like they are spec'd to 12.5mm lift and 10,000rpm... Been checked and they fit fine...

This would explain why they took a month to get my springs sorted... Special build springs...??

They are testing them anyway just to make sure i don't get spring bind...

Will keep posted...

Rishi