Tomei 280 cam boost issues

jap-jet

Hey guys and gals, im currently running a tomei 2.2 stroker kit, tomei 280 cams, 3566 turbo and am suffering boost issues, starts to come on at about 4k but is quite laggy to come on boost ie. doesnt really come on strong at all, I know these are a high revving cam but i would still expect them to come on a little stronger than it is. Is anyone else running this kind of setup. Did you suffer similar problems. Any help is muchly appreciated.
Thanks
Ads

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I would have thought it was that huge turbine that was your problem. - The caveat is that I don't know anything about it, but the fact it starts at 35 suggests to me that it's huge.

Smo

I'm also running a Tomei 2.2 stroker, but running the Tomei 272 cams and a GT3076R turbo. Even on the standard turbo elbow I was spooling much sooner than that. I assume you're using a 3" turbo-back exhaust? Also, heat wrapping the manifold will help, maybe even two or three times.

Problem is that the 3566 is a huge turbo, so in all honesty 4,000rpm doesn't sound out of this world to me.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Which springs are you using with the TOMEI 280 Cams?

Basically TOMEI made springs for the 280 CAM, but the old spec with 11.8mm lift.. They never actually made new springs for the 12.5mm lift version. I found that they weren't the right lbs for the new spec after testing them, so I had to go elsewhere for the springs to work with my TOMEI 280 w/12.5mm lift..

Worth a look there anyway..

Last edited: