To Mesh Or Not To Mesh?, That is the Question

A

Anonymous

Hey

My first post and I need your opinions. Fitting Forge fmic in a couple of weeks time but can`t decide whether to mesh front bumper or not.

What do you guys think? Any photos would be cool!

Cheers
Ja

A

antilag

yeh mesh it its surprising how much damage stones sticks ect can do

D

Dee 1

mesh

I would say mesh as you will pay dearly if you get loads of stone damage :wink: ?

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys

I agree with you on the damage point, but part of me thinks it looks better without mesh. Gotta decide soon, probably go with mesh.

A

Anonymous

Ok Ive decided on mesh, ordered some black stuff today. Next question is Wheres the best place to mount the number plate, example pics would be nice.

The guy whos fitting it for me wants to keep it in orig position coz he hates the square plate on side of bumper look. but surely this means too much of cooler is covered by plate.

skiddusmarkus

I had a square one made and velcored it to above the drivers side brake duct.I originally left the standard plate where it was but it looked daft.
Definitely mesh it and the finer the mesh the better.I've got some that's about 1mm diamonds and my intercooler hasn't got any damage on it whatsoever after 18 months of driving(and 2 years of being parked up :lol: ).

A

Anonymous

I like it Edd, looks cool. but i think i will probably go with the square one at the side, r they legal, can you buy them over the counter like a normal rectangle one.

A

Anonymous

unmeshed does look bent, especially on grey gtir's with the upper grill missing as well......

for example

see how wankers cramp proves the point, a blurred image 8)

Davey

To be fair though m8, it doesnt look nearly as queer as mesh, with no intercooler :shock: :wink:
Still dont understand why you sold that lurverly big trust i/c to Ben :lol: :wink:

A

Anonymous

bla bla bla you know i would have had it if i had the option :cry:

A

Anonymous

nice mate, can u get mot with plate like that. Is the square plate at the side of bumper legal?

M

mozza

ilegal plate??

didnt think the plate on bonnet was illegal, mate of mine has one on his bonnet and it went through mot ok.....whats so illegal bout it anyone, as long as it too smalll 8)

A

Anonymous

I've got a square number plate to the side and it passed an MOT ok. :D

I've also got the Forge FMIC with no mesh, be brave, don't tailgate and that's the way to go!

c20ona

Could always do what i done and get black mesh from B&Q.It cost's about £10.00 for a sh1t load and when it's fitted, you can hardly make out it's even there.So you have the safety of less stone chips but you can also see that HUGE intercooler as clear as day too.+ i just put my plate to the bottom of the bumper, no probs.Check my pics here ( www.cardomain.com/id/c20ona ).I've since painted my intercooler black after these shots though.

Regards

Kenny