Tiny problem fitting my Tein coilover kit!!!!!!!

dankal

Hi my name is Daniel and I was putting my tein coilover kit (adjustable height and stiffness) on my car a few days ago and used the OEM topmounts. The only thing I need to know is how to tighten the rod top nut on the rear of the car without turning the rod like it says in the manual from Tein? Do I do final tightening with the car´s full weight on the dampers,(the problem then is The rod will turn, or do I take Dampers of the car and do final tightening with damper off the car and with spring seat in lowest height position or in recomended position (25mm up the thread)

Sorry If this description doesn´t come out right :oops: But I think if someone has fitted the tein kit with OEM topmount he will know what I´m talking about.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Is there a hole for an allen key to fit in the top of the strut? If so, use a ring spanner to tighten the nut and an allen key to hold the rod still.

youngsyp

I had a similar problem fitting Cusco top mounts to my OE struts. When I had the alignment done, I got them, to do them up up with an impact gun, on an airline. The 'doing up' action of an impact gun is different to a spanner etc.. as it shocks the nut as well as turns it. This is much more effective, than using a spanner or ratchet etc...

As far as I know, it will make no difference if you do the struts up unloaded (off the car) or loaded up (on the car, with it on the ground). You only need to pre-load certain bushes on the car, not the struts !

topcat

yikes... using an air gun.. will still spin the shaft and kill the seal at same time..also u dont know how tight the nut will be..

thats kinda why the allan key fittment is there.

Dunc