Timing

R

ROSSGTIR

Hi i want to check if my ignition timing is correct, just been reading the how to guide and have a few questions
1. What and where is the TPS
2. What is the timing light and where do i get one from
3. Where are the markers i am suppose to be looking for.

O

one Gti-R

1.TPS is the plug up under the intercooler if you still have the TMIC it is on the dizzy side towards the fire wall.

it is just near the standard BOV.

2. basically you can pick up a timing light from anly car accessory shop. Basically it is a light that you connect to the 1st cylinder spark plug lead what it does is every time it sparkis it flashes the light like a strobe effect. When pointed at the timing marks it flashes every time the markings are pointed up as they spin with the crank. (hope this is making sence so far)

3. Point the light down towards the crank pulley. you will see a little metal rod sticking out from the block that rod will be pointing at little white marks on the crank pully. This is where your read the timing.

there will be 6 marks.

the mark closest to the firewall of the car is -5 then 0 (which on some cars will be yellow) the 5,10,15,20 degrees. you want the rod to be sitting on the mark closet to the front of the car. To adjust rotate the dizzy.