timing chain change and cam followers??

T

tompowis

my timing chain is on maximum adjustment! and starting to rub the back of the chain - is this a big job todo and how much would it cost to pay a garage todo it? ive also been told that i need to have the cam followers changed as they are not operateing as they should, again anyone now what a good tuner would charge todo this?
cheers :D

GINGA

Changing the timing chain is a big job and will be exspensive as you need to remove the head to change it according to the book :shock: you'll also need new guides and tensioner to.
The thing about the cam followers makes me think that you might want a second opinion as the gtir has solid cam followers which are adjusted by shims and this place clearly thinks they are hydrolic which says to me they don't know what there looking at when it comes to the R :?:

T

tompowis

im in hereford (near worcester if u dont know it) do u know of anyone reasonabley near me that nows what there doing then? do forge eng' work on cars or just sell stuff??
The engines quite noisy at the moment due to the timing chain and possibly something not quite right in the head of the engine (i understand the basics of cars/engines but not really conferdent to get hands on)
The car still feels real strong and quike - but obveously dont want to cause any problems by just ignoring these problams -
i want the car mint and ive been slowing putting all the little bits right since i bought it about a month and a half ago.(genrally tidying up ,nothing serious)
any idear of reconmendations ??
cheers
tom :wink:

*sorry about the spelling guys,well dyslexic!*

GINGA

Think powerstation or Norris designs would be your best bets as there the closet to you I think :?:
You could try pm ing Mike (EX GTIR) or Olly about it as that might be your best (cheapest) option :wink: