Time Attack 2012

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Popped down to Cadwell Park last Saturday to see if Time Attack is any better, to be honest the some of the bigger named cars were not there (as the cars are not yet ready), however there are a few old names that did brush off the cobwebs to say hello.

The Gobstopper was there with Ollie Clark at the wheel. They did have some issues with the car and apparently only ran at 70% of the cars power. To be honest if that was 70% its was visually INSANELY FAST.

They didn't bother to run in the final in case they damaged it, however I spoke to Ollie later who was genuinely disappointed that he couldn't run at 100%.

We also discussed the new Gobstopper 2.0 to which he said that its almost complete and should be ready to hit the track for Knockhill, which I will be very interest to see in action.

Granted some people have their reservations about Time Attack, but with the Civic Cup Racing it was quite a nice day out and its good to see what people can achieve when there are no limits and given slick tyres to run on.

I took some pics on the day, but I ended chatting to a number of people are drivers so here are a small selection that I took.

Oh yeah 1:28.701 was a phenomenal time round the track!

and a lap around the circuit...bloody fast!

click me

I went along with a couple of people from work, didn't relaise anyone from here was going. Had a reasonable day out although wasn't too impressed with the weather. I was a bit disapointed that there was no Gobstopper 2 or the ltest evolution of Norris's SWB evo IX.