throttle body rubber caps

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
You need to make sure they are proper rubber not silicone or "rubber type" or else they won't take the heat and you might find you have to but a 1000 at a time.

I spent ages looking for the right ones because I resented paying £3 - 4 each for them from Nissan. I ended up getting some made up out of so called "heat proof" rubber type and they were crap, need to be glued on or they would fly off and even when glued on the heat would make them so soft they blew up like small balloons and then they'd burst.............

So in my opinion you'd be better off just biting the bullet and getting the real thing.

nimhbk

Silicone Caps

Silicone caps are great for use in high temperature environments like powder coating or oven bake painting. These rubber silicone end caps have a maximum temperature rating of 316˚C. Silicone caps are useful for paint masking as well.

Why use Component Force?
  • Low minimum order quantity on plastic caps
  • Next day delivery on stock items
  • Free samples available for most plastic caps
  • Great discounts for larger orders
  • Free technical advice from UK based Component Experts
  • Custom plastic moulding also available
Customer applications include: masking, plating, anodizing, protection caps and more.

Sorry that was supposed to be a link to the above

nimhbk

smallest order is 10 steve so its got to be worth a gamble is it not

but i will let you know how they go either way

Thanks for yours heads up thou

red reading

I use a m4 tap and brass m4 screw's with some threadlock rather than those caps..................

Do this only when the engine is apart though!