Throttle body emission control

O

Odin

Now I have a question for all you deep thinkers on the forum, I know there few and far between but I live in hope :lol: :lol: .

I've removed the throttle body emission control and looped them over, I'm thinking that maybe the fact that I've looped them into pairs is maybe effecting the part throttle running of the engine, What do you lot think :?: .

Would it be better to block each one off on its own or maybe even re instate the emissions cr@p :?: .

I look forward to wading through reams of dooie & co's mindless drivel :roll: in the slim hope that someone comes up with something useful.

Rob

Dooie Pop Pop

they are supposed to be balanced level so in theory it shouldn' t make any difference id have thought.

i translated the phrase 'good info' into ' tell me what i want to hear' btw :wink:

maybe you' ve got a leak.

I look forward to wading through reams of dooie & co's mindless drivel in the slim hope that someone comes up with some good info on this subject.
:roll: ok,
maybe its the weight of your rapidly growing ar5e thats ruining part throttle performance.
maybe you' ve recently bought some thin soled shoes and your not pushing as hard.
maybe your imagining it :wink:

Stu

O

Odin

Dooie Pop Pop said:
I translated the phrase 'good info' into ' tell me what i want to hear' btw :wink:
No in fact I'd like to hear any sensible thoughts on it :wink: , I'm thinking that they should be blocked off indervidually rather than looped together in pairs, But that's just complete guess work :oops: .

Rob

geetee

They are nothing to with emission control (if they are the little pipes I think you mean). They are for connecting vac gauges when balancing the throttles.

I don't think there is anything to gain by looping them to each other.

Cheers
Graham

O

Odin

geetee said:
They are nothing to with emission control (if they are the little pipes I think you mean). They are for connecting vac gauges when balancing the throttles.

I don't think there is anything to gain by looping them to each other.

Cheers
Graham
I'm not talking about those pipes fella, I'm talking about the ones that draw the fumes out of the rocker cover :wink: . I removed all the pipework and just looped them together.

And Dooie I think I'll do just that fella :wink: , I'll let you know if anything changes.

Rob

Dooie Pop Pop

am i right in saying the rocker outlet is controlled by a valve?? :?

i have a dim memory of Ashills telling me he' d done something to his when he did the same but cant remember what :oops:

kirko

'blunder mod' or whatever :?
i have blanked mine off seperately and have no probs :lol: :lol:
all they do is lower the octane and maybe help with cold running

ashills

they are a very good source for vaccum to dump valve or reading for boost controller etc group together and cut off pipe into rocker cover with plug in rocker cover