Those with 18s...

S

slammed_gtir

Ok ive been offered a gtir with 18" chromes, now im asking people that own them do the really affect the handling of the car that much? bearing in mind ive never driven a pulsar before so i wont have anything to compair it too. If i dont like it then i suppose there wont be anything stopping me selling them and getting some 17s.

Thanks

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
slammed_gtir said:
Ok ive been offered a gtir with 18" chromes, now im asking people that own them do the really affect the handling of the car that much? bearing in mind ive never driven a pulsar before so i wont have anything to compair it too. If i dont like it then i suppose there wont be anything stopping me selling them and getting some 17s.

Thanks
Or even 16's ;-) Need I say more:-D

CruiseGTi-R

18's will be a bit crap mate. They make the whole car higher, and no doubt its also been lowered, and the combination is going to be awful for the handling.

If you're just driving round your local streets it won't matter, but an R should be out there being thrown round corners - 16's best compromise, 17's max ;-) .

Rob will eat your head if he see's you with chromed 18's :-D .

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr GTiR

Don't both with 18" as i had them on for 2 days and could not wait to get home and change them!!

The handling is shockingly bad and will tram line badily.

Now i have lightweight 17" and have no problems.

antgtir

My cousin paulgtir has 18" wheels with coilovers and the ride isn't to bad but if he digs in around a corner sometimes he would get scraping under the arch.

I think he isn't to happy with them and will maybe change them for a set of 17" as he cant go lower due to 6pot Tarrox brakes8)

I have 16" and can fling the car around and manipulate it into rear slides (oversteer) or front understeer whatever really, they m,ake it very user friendly imo. Also i have 4pot Wilwoods and 310mm discs so not much space left inside the wheel8)

Ant.

antgtir

He can hardly afford a hair cut at the mo mate so i think he may just adjust the ride height for the time being.

Ant.

O

Odin

Can't we delete this 5hite thread or move it over to the modimongs where it belongs :roll: , Or just beat these muppets to death with an old cabbage 8) .....

Rob

antgtir

Thunder God said:
Can't we delete this 5hite thread or move it over to the modimongs where it belongs :roll: , Or just beat these muppets to death with an old cabbage 8) .....

Rob
:lol: :lol: :lol: