This should keep me busy in the garage over the winter

astarozna

Go on, get it done and tuned! I assume those 500 ponys would be at the crank and by what rpm you expect full boost say 4-th gear?

MarkTurbo

Still a lot to do yet!!

Yes that'll be crank bhp, should have 500 ft/lbs too. Full boost should be somewhere between 3500 and 4000rpm, hopefully down the lower end of that range :p

astarozna

Super, i have a 7163 0.85 v band on a table, trying to source 347 for sidewinder to no avail in Estonia. Have a hybrid 3071 at the moment 340hp at the hubs by 5900 :grimacing: and 460nm by 4200. Thinking going to 8374 to get 500 at the hubs but not much info on the web about sr20 with that.

Last edited:

MarkTurbo

Thinking going to 7484 to get 500 at the hubs but not much info on the web about sr20 with that.
The 7670 I've got is meant to be a 600 (crank bhp) turbo I know what you mean about lack of information on Borg Warner efr's on SR20DET's, there's not many people running them but they seem to produce good results on other engines so I thought I'd take a gamble and do something different rather than just fitting another Garrett.

I have made my life more difficult by going for the twin scroll version but its meant to be worth it for the quicker spool up. Its going to be fun trying to squeeze in 2 external wastegates and plumb them both back into the downpipe o_O