Thinking of Fitting Fiat Coup 20vt Brembos?

Paul

I used to own a 20v turbo and ive got a set of 4 pot brembo calipers.

Was thinking about using them as an upgrade to the standard rotors, has anyone got any experience with these on an 'iR.

Would possibly give me a good level of stopping power for a small amount of cash...:thumbsup:

nathan

fiat coupe discs should fit aswell just have to have carriers made fiat discs are 305mm

Last edited:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Would possibly give me a good level of stopping power for a small amount of cash...:thumbsup:
You'll find that they'll still be crap.

To have any real benefit, you'll need to use bigger discs and pads to increase braking efficiency and also reduce fade issues.

Paul

Yeah i'd be putting bigger discs and pads on too. The standard 20vts are 305mm but the pcd is 4x98.
Is it worth gettin coupe discs drilled to fit OR trying to find bigger discs made for the gtir?

nathan

Yeah i'd be putting bigger discs and pads on too. The standard 20vts are 305mm but the pcd is 4x98.
Is it worth gettin coupe discs drilled to fit OR trying to find bigger discs made for the gtir?
drill them out

Paul

Ok mate, im actually building a UK spec Gti-R up from a shell so they probably wont be on for a few months.. I'll put pictures of the build and of the brakes up in due course, so watch this space.

Jon Olds

Couple of things;
I have modified a pr of Coupe 20VT discs to fit my tarmac rallycar. Made brackets out of Ali to fit my radial mount AP's. DS3000 pads.
Worked a treat.
These are now 'spare', as I rebuilt the whole lot onto 280mm G60 golf discs, so new brackets. So I could run generic 15" rims. These also work a treat.
They run hot.
Well they would , wouldn't they, tarmac rallying. Pads don't last long. No surprise.
My tuppenth worth
Jon
pm me if you want to buy the fiat discs/Ap brackets. If I called them ' custom billet design ' they may be more saleable..

Shmev88

I'm in the middle of doing this conversion just now using new modified standard 304mm coupe discs, the Brembo mounting lugs don't appear to clear the pulsar carrier mounts for me to mock up some brackets, has anyone done this exact conversion before.

whytie

Forgot the size of discs I'm using but you get the picture, like a said on previous thread the hangers are very simple and can be made in no time