these special oil filters

Godzilla

are these so called uprated (hks/blitz)filters any better than the oe/ cheap ones

as there is a considerable cost difference £6+ for cheapo and upto £20 for the named ones

are they worth the extra £10 +

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm always wary of non-standard filters.
I have a friend who's a hydraulic engineer; he gave me a horror story of a company that had decided that they could put an uprated filter on their plant equipment... it stripped all the additives out of the fluid and the rams seized. Not a cheap fix for such a simple upgrade.

I'm not saying that the oil system on a Pulsar is the same as a hydraulic ram... I just figure that there's not much to oil filters really and I'd rather buy a standard one cheaper, and simply replace it more often.

geoff pine

Stick with the nissan ones if you fit or have fitted an oil cooler sandwich plate the special oil fillters may not fit ?( because of the limlted space)

Godzilla

ok thanks for that i will get a nissan one as im waiting on my oil cooler and dont want problems when it comes

Joni

Does the pulsar share it's filter with other SR20 engines or is it different? i'm getting the oils done now before i start to drive her.(just imported and my first datsun gti-r 8))

R

riske

Yep the filters are micra ones! even comes with a new washer.