The Elusive Steering Rack Bushes

Posted this on the GTi-R OZ forums regarding the above problems i'm facing.

Hi guys need your help again with regards to the elusive steering rack bushes from Whiteline W11732.
I've tried MRT performance and same response No stock.

Through a forum member, was informed to give this EBAY seller a try as i am facing difficulties sourcing the elusive steering rack bushes.
http://www.ebay.com....984.m1423.l2649

Guess what they dont have stock for this too.

Was informed that another alternative is to try SuperPro SPF1834K since it's meant for the N14, B13 Nissan.
Goggled it up and now Superpro say it's not for our GTI-R.....
http://www.superpro....rts?id=SPF1834K

I'm lost as i'm getting conflicting feedback if it fits or not.
Have anyone tried fitting SuperPro's steering rack bushes.
I've an uncle who's based in Melbourne area who's trying to help source the above mentioned part.
But now we've hit another dead end.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

williams

Doesn't a company called nolathene (sp) make them? I'm sure iv seen them selling them for about $31?

skiddusmarkus

I got mine years ago, was given the wrong ones initially but they swapped them for ones that fitted.Think they are Superflex.

Apparently Nothalane doesn't exists anymore or Whiteline bought over them or something to that tune.
It seems everyone is facing the same problem in Oz.
They can't seem to find the steering rack bushes.

What other altervatives you guys use in Europe?
Does anyone by chance have a part number for Superflex?

williams

He sells superflex though doesn't he? And they don't make them. I'm sure when I asked him he said he got a batch made up a few year ago but hasn't got any now.

vss irvine

yeah nobody at the minute makes them, ive tried every avenue but nobody has any or if planning any in the future.
Ive just had the moulds made for these, so hopefully in 3 or 4 weeks ill be able to supply them,
as most people know nothing goes quickly when im involved due to work and family but these are def going into production.
Im not doing group buys but itll be batches of 10 pairs at a time, first come first served.
No point contacting me just now but ill soon tell you all when they are ready.

Thanks for the head ups..
However someone mentioned to try Peddars of Australia and this came up.
EP2117 Urethane Steering Mount Rack
On the website it says its GTi-R specific.

The funny thing though it was also listed as a N14 SSS part.
I've wondered how different is the steering rack bushes for a normal N14, B13 chassis compared to a GTi-R specific bush?

Cheers.

Thanks Shalom. Appreciate it.

Anyone reckon we can organise a group buy on this item? Get someone to manufacture a batch of them for us?

We've done this b4 like the Modena diffs hehehe...

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
Option 1:
Organise the biggest worldwide group buy in GTI-R history.
Since none of the companies who've made them in the past have the tooling in production, I think you'll find a minimum order of 100 units will be required.

Option 2:
Find a place that makes custom poly stuff in small quantities.
Such as http://www.universalurethane.com/custom-parts.html

Option 3:
Wait until a kind member of the owners community spends their time making some in small batches.

:)

This just came up.

Contacted Pedders and as expected they dont have the elusive steering rack bush in stock. They mentioned that the manufacturer have destroyed the mould that makes this elusive bush.
LOL...

Sigh...................................................

Looks like we have to wait for who ever makes them to make it (option3).
however it's nice to dream of (Option1).

On the plus side its far cheaper than having a groupbuy of Modena front diffs....

ashills

i had the molds made by deflex years ago but they changed name and split the company up etc martyns your best bet now

vss irvine

i spoke to deflex last year aswell and they didnt have anything.

im pushing it on now since theres plenty interest.