Tech specs of my car!!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Speedo innacuracy.

Datron timed me at 123mph just going into the redline in 5th. The speedo was showing 130+ (Datron showed 88 when the speedo was 100, but my tyres are the wrong size and should cause the speedo to overread more than usual)
So a 130mph box +10% could easily show 140mph on the speedo.

M

memoli

Oh ok cool, cheers mate i may need to get my speedo calibrated for my weels. also any ideas on a potential clutch??

cheers.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
gtirx2 said:
Does anyone know what the nismo box is geared to do?
Depends on the size of wheels and tyres you are using, and also the RPM limit you are running too

Expect between 123mph - 128mph when using the std 7500rpm limit..

Rishi

gtirx2

So the nismo is very close to the rb box, i was running on a close box that i thought was a rb box but when i opened it up i think its a nismo.
All the ratios are almost the same as the rb box but on my box i was getting 132 on the limiter on 15's but i think my speedo is out a bit,I wonder why they brought out two boxes that are almost the same as all i can find in my nismo box is a uprated 3rd?Thats if it is a nismo but if you think the nismo tops out at 123-128 it sounds about right for my box,do you know what you are ment to get in each gear on a nismo box as i was getting around first 40, second 60, third 83, fourth 102 and top 132 all on the limiter, and thats why i thought it was a rb box because they are so close to what you get on a rb box, and i just thought my speedo was out?Are you ment to be able to hit 60 in second on a nismo box or are the ratios ment to be the same as the rb?

houghy_1

memoli said:
wots this rps thingy u mention?
The clutch is called RPS Max Street and its rated to 475lb/ft of torque(More than enough;-) )
It isnt a paddle clutch although they do them also if your gonna launch a lot.
Just give this one time to cool down between 5 grand launches thats all.
Afew people running near on 400bhp are using them without any problems.

Youll have a nice stiff pedal all the way down,builds your left leg muscles up:p

When you do fit one also buy a new clutch slave cylinder(£30) and new clutch release fork(£40) and pivot arm with spring(£10)

Try Hiteq for the parts and SRB Power for the clutch(£310ish with new release bearing)

Hope that helps,

Matt