Tech specs of my car!!

M

memoli

Hey guys and Gals, i brought a pulsar as an japanese import....the car arrived not standard. Its white, with a sun roof and has a close ratio gear box on it so think it may b the dakar model. The car has a really really loud exhaust on it, it has a t28/35 turbo on it which is massive compared to standard...on low boost it currently runs 0.6bar, but on high its running 1.3 bar, needless to say its pretty quick. i dont know anything else abt the car and whats been done to it...with this info could anyone tell me what type of power its running??

iv raced loads of cars including a 360bhp evo 7 which i humiliated, an 425bhp r34 which i pulled away from till i topped out at 140mph...also its got a twin plate clutch on it which i think is on its way out soon....what clutch would u recomend to put on it as the one on it now is a nightmare to drive on a daily basis. i want something that can take hard lauches from time to time and yet still be able to use the car in traffic without worrying that im destroyin the clutch. Also how much an where can i purchase one from??

thanks alot...my first time owning an R an absolutely love her. appretiate any responses!!

M

memoli

nice bear mate...hope i dont see ya on the road!!! lol

its running a t28/35....any ideas as to power output?

M

memoli

i was actually refering to the 4" pipe that runs al the way through from the manifold....in fact the back box sits to the side, the same exhaust as the 579bhp pulsar in japan...even though mine still has the cat in it.:p

M

memoli

i dont think its a standard cat on it...iv been told by a few ppl that if i remove it then the car could run really lumpy!! do you know anythin about potential clutches for her as mentioned in original message??

cheers

M

memoli

anything up to around £400 as long as it becomes more practica for every day but can still take the torque and hard aunches occasionaly??

cheers!

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
memoli said:
anything up to around £400 as long as it becomes more practica for every day but can still take the torque and hard aunches occasionaly??

cheers!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't want much do you?

When you up the torque capacity of a clutch,the driveability usually gets less.

M

memoli

lol yeah im kinda tryin to get the best of both words....im gonna get her dyno'd properly at engine advantages....but i heard helix organic clutches are good for wot i want.

M

memoli

lol techniclutches i heard were a pile of ****...lol. wots this rps thingy u mention?

M

memoli

yeah i know thats usually the case...but my car hits the rev imiter in 5th at 142mph...done it a few times! unless my speedo is inaccurate but i dont think it i!!

geoff pine

My close ratio box just hits 120/5 mph so not sure how yours is hiting 140mph .I am sure one of the tecno's on here would be able to explain ?Is it just posable that yours is a standard box as my standard import was runing unlimited boost.

M

memoli

no 100% its a close ratio one, if thats the case my speedo myt be wrong...but its def a close ratio. cos of my turbo my boost kicks in at 5,000 rpm anyways. but iv been in oads of pulsars and my gears run out really quick. if its a standard box id be able to go more than 140mph with the spec of the car...my mates is 300bhp and tops out near 150mph.