Superflex front wishbone bushes : Compatibility

Jon Olds

I'm replacing the original rear front wishbone bushes and have been supplied some 1338's direct from Superflex. They don't fit. They are a bit larger than the originals and have a flat top where my floor is 3 angled. (flat centre with two 30 degree shamfers). They do list an alternative type 0864 for pre 91 models, but its on two months delivery. That may/may not fit. Mines a 91 model Pulsar
I've cut the mounting brackets up to try and make the 1338's fit, but I'm not happy with the shape or size where it meets the floor.
Anybody had a similar problem?
I've rang around rally design, demon tweeks, poerflex, polybush etc but no-one else lists Pulsars.
Anybody know a solution? Anybody got a pair of lower clamps spare they could sell me...

ashills

hi mate what they supply is teh whiteline anti lift kit u need to make a couple of spacers up to space teh bracket away from body
if u need anymore info let me know i sell alot of there pulsar bushes
theres also a problem with the rear ones they supply if ur thinking of buying or have bought them aswell
any probs just PM me

Tony

Hi bud!

I bought the same bushes!! (castor increase version!)

Your problem is that the Gti comes with a flat floor pan where the bush is located!!!

I had the same problem and had to send it back and purchase the Whiteline 1`s

The bloke at superflex is a bit thick in my opinion!!!!!!

Tony....

Jon Olds

Thanks Guys

I will bring a bush along when I meet you this w/e, Tony, and have a look at your set-up, if you don't mind.
The bush is significantly bigger tha the clamp, so a spacer underneath wouldn't seem to be the answer. Any got any photos of an installed one?

jonathan.olds_311@fsmail.net

ashills

havent got any pics im affraid mate they do fit i can guarantee the superflex bushes are made in teh same factory as teh whieline ones in Aus so are all very similar

Tony

The bushes i had were dark purple/blue with a flat top! these are for the sunny/pulsar Gti which has the same wishbone but the floorpan and bush cup are different!!

I talked it thru with the lad at superflex and we came to the agreement that they didnt manufacture a bush that would suit the Gti-R!

He even asked me to take photos of my floor pan and if i would cut the pan out of my old R to send to him so they could develop the bushes in question!

This was only last month!!!!

Tony....

ashills

yeah hes a nightmare when i bought first full set he was like i know theres a fitment problems but cant remember what they are
so only way was to rip car a part try fitting them all then get stuck doh

Jon Olds

whiteline part nos.

Ive seen Tony's yellow whiteline front bushes, and that's what I need.
Anybody got a part no. for these?
Anybody know where I can get some?
Anybody got a pair of lower clamp brackets for sale?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I wish you guys would speak to people before you go out buying these things from Co's like Superflex. I spoke to the "if anyone knows he will" at Superflex about 4 months ago and he openly admitted he couldn't promise the bushes would fit, they fit some cars but not others, I told him that by rights then he shouldn't be advertising them then, but nothing has changed :evil:

Go here http://www.rallynuts.com/motorsport...teline_Castor_Kit_Nissan_Pulsar_GTiR_1912.asp
And get the whiteline ones, they fit and work a treat.

Lots of othe good bits on that site for the Pulsar as well.

Jon Olds

Bushes cont...

Did look at the rallynuts pages first but they only do altered caster versions, as far as I could see.
Wanted to keep std angles to get comparative feel for changes later.
Have gone ahead and got a local machine shop to make me some nylon rear mounts and they fit a treat. Brackets look a bit odd as they have been welded back together.
I'll get some new ones on order. The bushes at least allow me to get rollin' again. May even leave em in.
On the same subject, this eng shop has made me a set of turned nylon bushes to replace the rear beam rubber mounts. (12 in set) Nice job. NVH will be sky high, but its a rally car. The 'shop could be persuaded to make some more if anybody needs a set.