supercharged sr20det

A

AndrewD

wow look at all those replies ;)

i like jacksons / br performances supercharger lol

i personally dont believe there is enough mass flow through the engine to require / even drive two turbos, but maybe a single sequencial would be nice like on the new subaru gt libertys :twisted:

you could even have a custom exup valve if just supercharging in a 4-1 manifold like on yamaha r1000s!

but definately worth a look at

S

Sirnixalot

superchargers wont be as potent on a small displacment motor because of their lack of torque. It takes torque to turn the supercharger and when you dont have much to spare....the deficites can be more than usual.

Twin charging is capable but far to complicated for me. It al depends in how you have them setup and remember that boost inseries doesnt add up on straight numbers....there is a trick to it. I dont remember that trick but ill find it out.

You guys like trouble from what i see. Having a car with that kinda complexity under the bonnet is going to be very hard to do a clean install and make it reliable as well.

Instead of all the supercharger and twin turbo hogwash...why not spend 1/8th of the money and get a Quaife or Par gearset

A

Anonymous

Sirnixalot wrote

You guys like trouble from what i see. Having a car with that kinda complexity under the bonnet is going to be very hard to do a clean install and make it reliable as well
Agree on this one :)

Fusion Ed

Super chargers can work very well on small cars. Mine is 930cc, with super charger AND turbo charger (Nissan March Superturbo) The Supercharger works very very well.

Ed

i dont see why not, Nissan did it with a micra :shock: The March SuperTurbo, 1.0 Supercharged and TurboCharged producing sumthing like 130bhp if i remember correctly and seriosly rapid wee car

ashills

the charger used on the micra is capable of making over 19psi of boost at 1k which makes for some serious wheel spin

A

AJ4

Fast Guy said:
Ross, which supercharger are you going for? ie whipple model no.
2300 AX, with a big wheel initially for low boost ( approx 18 PSI ) but with the facility to overdrive it up to 29 PSI ( at max impeller speed )

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Ross said:
2300 AX, with a big wheel initially for low boost ( approx 18 PSI ) but with the facility to overdrive it up to 29 PSI ( at max impeller speed )
That's the one they recomended to me, they said it could do 650bhp :D

JIMMYBACK

Fast Guy said:
Ross said:
That's the one they recomended to me, they said it could do 650bhp :D
thats sick jimmy want it i will enquire next weekend cos its pay day :) :)