Sunny GTiR Wanted

billy187

Yep there's definitely quite a few of them still around.

I have just managed to get hold of another one, in very good condition so that's 2 Sunnys that we've got at the moment.

I know quite a few others aswell that people own who are not on the forums so id say that there's more than 25 left. I know of 4 of them that we're bought over here and taken over to France and Germany over the last couple of years and there still going strong.

Makes you wonder if there were really only around 70 to start with.

Last edited:

red reading

well there were only 35 left a few years ago on the reg checker so it is quite beliveable that only 70 uk cars, there have been a few jap cars that people have made to look like uk cars (as bob found out). the only real way to tell is the chassis number as it is EGNN14 the E denotes europe and that they are rhd, the lhd version's were 500 in number to meet homoglation for rallying and have the chassis plates in a differant location.

bensmith907

wasn't there a few cases where the dvla cocked up and registered Pulsars as sunnys when importing. I read that somewhere not too sure where though

AnthP

That's a good point, with Sunny number-plate holders front and rear and Sunny doorcards, my Pulsar is only a badge away from being a Sunny 'looky-likey'.....although there seems to be a couple here and couple there plus a few on this forum, I still cant see that we've accounted for more than a couple of dozen but in any event, I think we've established there's more than 11. Dont suppose either of your red ones (Billy) are J438 VRX (my first one which I sold in 2000) ? - would love to know if its still around.

red reading

The sunny's were the cars homoglated for racing, and not all have rust on them as they were better sealed/stone chipped and waxoyled from the factory, the indicators and wiper swithces are on the correct side's,they dont have stupid converted speedo's that don't work properley and there are mechanical differances too.

I'm just about to buy my 4th one and they generally are in better condition after 20years than 10y/o jap imports.

Sunny side up!

For me in my mind there is something more special about having a sunny than a pulsar. not to mention its £600 cheaper to insure and the rare factor that goes with it. Thats just me though!

Sunny side up!

I've not gone for a classic policy, i'm 26 and want the car as a daily driver(probably bad idea). That being said the only quotes I have got are from confused.com, which seem to change alot, since my accident that happened 3months ago. Even though i'm not at fault it has pushed quotes up as i'm a higher risk of being involved in another accident. To be honest insurance sub £1000 i'm happy with :crazy:, I live in a crap insurance area (as high car theft). Also some more personal reasons... Just want something I will really enjoy and if it comes with a premium attached so be it.

PulsarLuke

I've not gone for a classic policy, i'm 26 and want the car as a daily driver(probably bad idea). That being said the only quotes I have got are from confused.com, which seem to change alot, since my accident that happened 3months ago. Even though i'm not at fault it has pushed quotes up as i'm a higher risk of being involved in another accident. To be honest insurance sub £1000 i'm happy with :crazy:, I live in a crap insurance area (as high car theft). Also some more personal reasons... Just want something I will really enjoy and if it comes with a premium attached so be it.
I was getting Quotes on gocompare and so on they all were coming out at around £1000 then i looked around and got it down to £400 with adrian flux. But thought id give the guys a call at footman james as i had my renault 5 gt turbo with them and was only paying £164 a year fully comp on that agreed value of £4500 and mods listed.

Give them a call guys 0843 357 1909

http://www.footmanjames.co.uk/index.aspx

Your best to ring them as im sure on the web site it says they dont do imports and wont do you a classic policy if you have points.But ive got three points and they were mega helpful.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers Luke

Last edited: