suggestions for coilovers

whytie

I agree with above unless your doing trackdays i would never put coilovers on a road car again.

OleH

forget coilovers for road use.waste of money, had tein superstreets crap.locate some good gabs or kyb,s specials and new springs.had both on previous gtir,s and were better than coilovers mate,spend the money on the above before coilovers if its just a road car you use it for.
I guess I can't justify buying coilovers since I have yet to drive the car on a track

OleH

forget coilovers for road use.waste of money, had tein superstreets crap.locate some good gabs or kyb,s specials and new springs.had both on previous gtir,s and were better than coilovers mate,spend the money on the above before coilovers if its just a road car you use it for.
But I have yet to find a complete set of either gabs or kyb...

vomitt

yeah i had this problem and from the reading ive done, thought coilovers would be too harsh for daily driving, aswell as costing a fair bit. i ended up getting a set of standard good second hand shocks and am now using them, but i still do wonder if coilovers would have done better...

OleH

yeah i had this problem and from the reading ive done, thought coilovers would be too harsh for daily driving, aswell as costing a fair bit. i ended up getting a set of standard good second hand shocks and am now using them, but i still do wonder if coilovers would have done better...
That's the reason why I have landed on a set of coilovers, and therefore I'm looking for a set with the softest dampening.

Btw, my shocks are not knackered but I really need new gaiters (the rubber "cuffs") and some new springs to raise the car a bit.