Steering Wheel

P

Pulldog

Ive got a Nardi steering wheel on at the moment, but i have just purchased a GTI-R one so i tried to get the Nardi off today and it wouldnt budge!

Any Suggestions, Hammer? Or Pull like F**k???

Why is it stuck and yes ive took the bolt out!

JIMMYBACK

undone the nut in the centre of the steering wheel about half way n just pull....try to keep the steering wheel as straight as possible cos u dont want to bend the steering rack.........it will budge but dont use a hammer .very bad idea :oops:

youngsyp

What you need to do is as above but 'shock' it. I.e. a sudden pull. It is almost a compression fit so, shocking it will free it up nicely :wink:

J

jiw

Try pulling left to right alternitavely to wiggle it off, i just got a blitz wheel, i tried shocking it off and had no luck, also leave the nut on a few turns mate, we dont want you looking any worse when the wheel hits you in the face, jeff :wink:

O

one Gti-R

Firstly is it on a poss kit ???

if so take the wheel off the boss kit by undoing all the allen keys screws. then the whell "should" just drop off.

then that just leaves you with the boss kit to remove. gentle taps with a rubber mallet evenly around the edge should berak the seal. and I MEAN GENTLY :wink:

P

Pulldog

Cheers guys trying it this weekend need the fucker off i have a nearly brand new standard steering wheel to go on so i need this bugger off, just can't understand why they seal so tight i was thinkin it must have been put on slighty off centre and jammed.

Easy JIW................................................................................

youngsyp

Pulldog: They are generally pretty tight but, if the previous owner did the nut up too tight, things could be made worse. You could always try a 3 legged puller :wink:

Cheers

Paul