Steering quickener?

dankal

Hello guys , I was just wondering if any of you use steering quickeners to make it more comfortable to drive on tracks or race. And if so where can I get them?

Cheers

Daniel

S

Sirnixalot

no one makes a different ratio steering rack for the gtir that i know of. Im not sure if the manual steering rack for the GTi would have less turns lock to lock

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What's a steering quickener? Not one of those nobby things you attatch to the steering wheel, ala forklift truck is it?

dankal

a steering quickener is device that makes it easyer to steering on race tracks = you don´t have to turn the steering wheel as much as on a regular car. up to 50 % less distance in steering.

hope you understand my explanation.
I´m not the best in english :oops:

hmmm

Mine definately takes less turns to fully lock tan a standard car would. Will check next time I drive the car and let you guys know exactly how much turns it takes to fully lock from the centre position.

J

J-GTi-R

The 'R has a very quick rack as standard, marginally quicker than my Step-dad's Elise, so a 'quick rack' isn't really necessary.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
J-GTi-R said:
The 'R has a very quick rack as standard, marginally quicker than my Step-dad's Elise, so a 'quick rack' isn't really necessary.
Totally agree, mines an import rather than UK so that maybe slower but my 'R unless you're doing autocross IMO, a quicker rack is somewhere between a waste of money and dangerous.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Sirnixalot said:
no one makes a different ratio steering rack for the gtir that i know of. Im not sure if the manual steering rack for the GTi would have less turns lock to lock
Can't say 100% for Sunny but for most other road cars, the manual rack is slower to compensate for the increased strain on your arms.