justin666

On this pic...

CLICKY

Where the feckity fook is the starter motor??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

cheers

J.

Mr GTiR

LMAo, see the red and green wire ;-)

Do a search and you'll find removal/fitting instrcutions i did for somebody 8)

P

Pete

justin if you need advice mate on getting to the starter without6 taking engine out just give us a pm did mine before i sold the car :-D :-D

J

justin666

Mr GTiR said:
LMAo, see the red and green wire ;-)
I knew you were gonna bloody well say that!!!! :doh: :doh: :lol:

Ok, run down of the problem!!! Fired her up this morning and i noticed that she cranked over a little slow, no problem i thought as it was a little chilly so all seemed fine and off on my merry way I went. Got home from work and thought I would give the little bugger a wash so parked it up, popped inside for a quick cuppa and back out, Key in and...Lots of whirring noises accompanied by my speed going of on a mad'un round the dial.!!!!!! Expletives!!!!! tried again and it fired... However, now, when it starts I can still hear the starter running for a few secs even after the engine is happily burbling away :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

This car knows its up for sale next month and is having one last dig at avin away with all my money!! :doh: :doh: You should have heard the expletives i came up with when this happened!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Cheers for the info anyway guys, I will be sending PMs out shortly ;-)

Cheers

J.

P

pulsarboby

sounds like the solenoids sticking and not releasing when you come off crank with the key!
if you can get a long bar in at solenoid, get a hammer and give the bar a tap, ie a couple of sharp raps on solenoid, this often stops them from sticking as it frees off clutch dust etc!
so you may get away without replacing it;-)

J

justin666

pulsarboby said:
sounds like the solenoids sticking and not releasing when you come off crank with the key!
if you can get a long bar in at solenoid, get a hammer and give the bar a tap, ie a couple of sharp raps on solenoid, this often stops them from sticking as it frees off clutch dust etc!
so you may get away without replacing it;-)
Thats kinda what I was hoping it is gonna be but knowing my luck at the mo its prob not gonna be the case :cry: :cry:

Silly question time, The solinoid is located where on the starter???? :oops:

Cheers for the reply buddy :thumbsup:

J.

P

pulsarboby

its on the top, where the wires go onto. its the easiest bit to hit with a bar and hammer lol

J

justin666

pulsarboby said:
its on the top, where the wires go onto. its the easiest bit to hit with a bar and hammer lol
I will try my hardest not to beat the cr4p out of it :lol: :lol: Cheers buddy :thumbsup:

J.