Stand-alone Management

dotalot

Looking to start off the tuning with a good stand-alone management system.
The guy who is considered to be the best mapper in my area only deals in Autronic and Vi-Pec. The autronic is roughly £1500 fitted and mapped while the Vi-Pec is gonna be £1200.
Just wondering before I dive in what other systems are available and does anyone have any experience or advice. The only others I know off are Haltech and Link. Motec is way too expensive and as far as I know its the same as autronic. Looking forward to replacing the MAF for a nice easy map sensor.

nismoboy

Alot of people seem to want these expensive ecu`s and pay hideous mapping fee`s why not try a nistune board in your stock ecu and learn to map it yourself theres loads of advice and back up it even has its own forum to help users.

P

pulsarboby

apexi think bob has one for sale with the hand commander!

cheers for heads up johnsy;-)
yes i do have apexi pfc for sale with commander, but its not the pro version therefore you have no facility to run map sensor as opposed to afm, at least i dont think so anyway (mappings not my thing lol)

only other advice i can give is be very wary of some of these stand alone systems as theres been a few such as haltech etc that have caused major fuelling probs by incorrect mapping and incorrect ignition setup.

as nismoboy rightly says, 'if you have the knowledge and are prepared to gamble your engine then have a crack yourself'
why not just go for emanage or pfc if not!!!
why must you run a map sensor?

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
kieron a few off us down south have the PFC run with Z32 afm if i was u id take the 1 off bob and get it mapped of some 1 u trust A1 or ECC up ur way or go to England 2 get it mapped we got clive and andy from RC [ now car planet ] sound lads :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Alot of people seem to want these expensive ecu`s and pay hideous mapping fee`s why not try a nistune board in your stock ecu and learn to map it yourself theres loads of advice and back up it even has its own forum to help users.
Thats good advice :thumb:

olliecast

That's exactly what I've done. Got the daughter board, nistune licence and I was away. Really really good piece of kitm

Also excellent support as you say with the forum etc.

My wideband links straight into the software aswell

J

jpward

Looking to start off the tuning with a good stand-alone management system.
The guy who is considered to be the best mapper in my area only deals in Autronic and Vi-Pec. The autronic is roughly £1500 fitted and mapped while the Vi-Pec is gonna be £1200.
Just wondering before I dive in what other systems are available and does anyone have any experience or advice. The only others I know off are Haltech and Link. Motec is way too expensive and as far as I know its the same as autronic. Looking forward to replacing the MAF for a nice easy map sensor.

Alright mate?

PM me what your goal is and i'll give you info on who's good and not so good round our way! ;-)

John