stainless steal manifolds

STU666V

i have a standard one with no issues when mapped last week and would go above 400bhp no problem.

P

pulsarboby

Horsham developments have made one, i think its about 190gbp, they have dyno graphs to show the difference between the two manifolds
not saying they are but i would take those readings with a pinch of salt as hes trying to flog the things, so easy to make things look better than they really are lol.

as for the manifolds, i was at one time running over 450bhp on a stock manifold
cars now running smaller turbo with less bhp but massive torque.....stock manifold#
ed once mapped ashills motor on a stock manifold and 468bhp......why bother lol

P

pulsarboby

yeah i guess so geoff, still if blings your thing then nothing wrong with that i suppose, but bling can be a pain in the ass if the things keep cracking and distorting.

i would be more interested in sourcing a free flowing elbow than the manifold as thats the biggest drawback to making big power easily

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
i would be more interested in sourcing a free flowing elbow than the manifold as thats the biggest drawback to making big power easily
Ditto. - I think there are more gains there than in a tubular manifold, and I suspect it's less likely to crack too... I'd risk a cheap chinese elbow even if the performance wasn't as good as long as the fit was.

geoff pine

So come on then bob what do you have against A JANSPEED 3" FRONT PIPE other than the cost .:lol: as for the bling thing im not knocking it im just not in to shinny manifolds any way i thought no bling steam pipe was better for manifolds :lol: . Have replied to your pm sorry for not sending a pre pm first :lol:

vpulsar

I've had 3 different manifolds on my old car, First I used a ported standard manifold which worked ok then I had my first tubular manifold that put the turbo in the standard position and finally a top mounted manifold, In my view they all worked fine for the power I was after with each set up, What you have to consider is the size or the primaries because depending on just how much power you want they need to be matched to that requirement.

You need smaller primaries if you only want 300-400 bhp but if you're after 500+ then you need to go bigger to cope with the size of turbo you plan to use, So my opinion is to do your research properly and only buy once instead of 2 or 3 times like I did. To be honest for anything under 400 bhp I wouldn't bother with anything else than the standard manifold ported and fit a 3" down pipe which I think makes the biggest difference to spool up in my own experience.

And the best advice I can give any Pulsar owner is don't go above 350-380 bhp because after that you're looking at a world of hurt in the wallet department and ultimately you will ruin everything you loved about owning a pulsar in the first place, With regards to the pulsar you can have to much power :doh:.

my first tubular manifold.

last manifold.

And remember they where all a right pain in the arse to fit properly.

John

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

So come on then bob what do you have against A JANSPEED 3" FRONT PIPE other than the cost .:lol: as for the bling thing im not knocking it im just not in to shinny manifolds any way i thought no bling steam pipe was better for manifolds :lol: . Have replied to your pm sorry for not sending a pre pm first :lol:

nothing against the 3''janspeeed dp geoff its a quality modification and one well worth doing.....yes im dissapointed about the no pre pm thing its messing with my head:lol:
i just cant see the point in fitting a cheap ss manifold when the stock one if ported out and matched to the head will do the job and take you to 450+ with no dramas, if you really want to push the boat out then go spend a 150 notes and then get it ceramic coated then it will look bling bling too......everyones a winner:-D

also agree with the above comments but everyone to their own

MarkTurbo

I agree with everything Bob said and i've got a tubular manifold on my car!

There are a couple advantages of having one, taking the turbo off takes about half the time as you can get to the nuts easier and the actuator is easy to get to :lol:

Spikey

But the people that have fitted a Aftermarket Manifold noticed any gains. from just swapping the manifold???
maybe a bit more torque?

MarkTurbo

But the people that have fitted a Aftermarket Manifold noticed any gains. from just swapping the manifold???
maybe a bit more torque?
Not really. My car made 305bhp and 285ft/lbs a few years ago, that was with an air filter, fuel pump, mongoose exhaust, front mount, tubular manifold, 2.5 inch turbo elbow, and 1 bar boost. It was only revved to 5900 as the dyno operator was a bit nervous so may have made another 5-10 bhp but who knows.

So probably slightly higher than an average 1 bar car but i reckon it was more due to the turbo elbow than the manifold.