SR20DET 2.2 big bore kit at erics

P

pulsarboby

Keira said:
that is pathetic tbh bob, are you that sensitive that you cant post something for fear of getting slated ? Who's going to slate you for saying something that maybe of benefit to people thinking of going with this set up ?

Plenty of people know about the problem, its not like its some huge undiscovered issue that nobody is aware of.

well your quote is exactly what i was thinking and the reason for me not posting.

what i mean is that anybody who goes for one of these kits should be aware of the potential hazards and must already have a good background knowledge (like stumo for example) so upto yet there has been no point in me putting the kit down if you know what i mean!

and besides that, its all hearsay as ive never tried it myself, but the post by the other guy in canada just confirmed what ive been told.
so i took it upon myself not to go ahead with it.

Keira

gunmetalgtir said:
What is a stroker kit anyway? I have a rough idea, but just to know the in's and out's.
a stroker kit increases displacement by increasing the distance the piston travels inside the cylinders by having a longer throw on the crank and longer rods etc.etc

this kit increases the displacement by increasing the diametre of the bores, so instead of having an 86mm piston you up it to 90mm.

90mm and 86mm piston for comparrison

Last edited:

marcymarc

If what is being said is true...as far as this kit blowing head gaskets all the time in race cars etc etc, i reckon it would of been better if the kit had been done as a 2.1 kit with a 88-88.5mm big bore instead.

stumo

Sorry but I've no opinions on what size to use.

My engine is up and running but apart from that i have no experience of the big bores for the SR20DET therefore it is unwise of me to recommend anything to someone else.

marcymarc

stumo said:
Sorry but I've no opinions on what size to use.

My engine is up and running but apart from that i have no experience of the big bores for the SR20DET therefore it is unwise of me to recommend anything to someone else.

Ok mate :thumbsup:

Dooie Pop Pop

markymarc said:
ask Pesh i think he' s killed three stroker kits so far:shock: :lol: iirc one was due to his passion for top speed runs and i think the other two were because of some c0ckless bell ends total lack of mechanical competence:roll: