Springs help...

houghy_1

After my recent post about my snapped front spring i managed to get hold of 4 Apex springs and 2 front Bilstein shocks for £40.
Now after having a google on the part numbers the shocks come up as Sunny GTi parts and Apex only ever did springs for the GTi also by the looks of it:doh:
So what is the differences and can they be fitted???

GTI-R Nath

the GTI had different spring rate's from the GTI-R they will fit, but they might drop the car more than u expect, due to the extra wight, the shock will fit too but Im not sure what the handling will be like... with GTI springs and shocks

houghy_1

ok unless its any worse than that ill throw them on for the MOT. Then find a better solution in time for silverstone.

skiddusmarkus

You may as well give them a shot now you have them.The GTiR won't be that much heavier on the front, maybe 50k-75kg due to the transfer box ad aircon and a bit of the weight of the propshaft.Thats only like 1 passenger.

houghy_1

You may as well give them a shot now you have them.The GTiR won't be that much heavier on the front, maybe 50k-75kg due to the transfer box ad aircon and a bit of the weight of the propshaft.Thats only like 1 passenger.
See that was my logic too.. transfer box,turbo and intercooler at the front. Rear Diff,driveshaftsand battery at the back.
Like has been said will probably sit 5 or maybe 10 mm lower and not be as responsive with the spring rates being different.
Lets see eh