Speedo problem???

C

Crazy

Bit of a wierd one this but here goes, for some reson when I turn the ignition on in my car the speedometer jumps straight upto 60mph :roll: and then when I start the engine it jumps upto 120mph but then comes back down to 60mph when the engine is fully started :evil:
Was leaving my car to idle and then noticed that the milage was clocking up even though the car was not moving :roll: due to the speedo being stuck at 60mph :x
When I start to drive the speedometer then comes down to around 50mph but still the milage clocks up even if I am not moving, just dropped my girl off to her moms which is only 2 miles away and my milage has clocked up 19 miles and as soon as I pulled over the clocks go back to 60mph

Any ideas lads as this is putting needless miles on my clocks :cry:

Shaun

:D Hi mate,if it was me,i would remove the speedconverter and try it that way first as these are well known for going wonky and are only £30-£40 to buy off ebay.Might save you the expence of buying new clocks :wink:

A

AZ STE

Your unit is electronic and what you describe can be due to a bad earth especially if someone has installed a MPH converter badly check the wiring behind your clocks for bad earth connections