Speedo needle orientation

K

kentyboy

Hi guys. Yep, Kentyboy is asking for your help yet again :roll:
I was wondering if there is anyone out there with a Pulsar speedo sitting in their garage because I need a favour.
If anyone could take the actual speedo itself and pull out the needle stop, the needle will drop and come to rest somewhere just below where the stop was. I need a photo of where the needle comes to rest (at a sort of 25mins to on a clock). Ive fitted some white dials and my speedo is out. If I could see where the needle is supposed to sit then I could put it back on in the right place.

I know its a long shot but you're the guys to ask.

K

kentyboy

Actually guys theres no need to bother now. The dials I got are the white Lockwood ones but they are wrong. They still read in km/h even though it says mph. You obviously need the speedo chip installed for these dials to be of any use to you :roll:

P

pulstar rob

HI kentyboy

hope this helps mate
. i took this when i changed my dials

rob

J

jpward

Has anyone been having troubl with their fuel guage reading only mine is usually as in the pic above even when full now? (hope i havent bent the needle)

P

pulstar rob

if you have bent the needle jpward i've got a whole speedo cluster without speedo but with rev,temp and fuel gauges if you need it. i snaped my speedo needle and had to buy the cluster off Ebay

K

kentyboy

Pulstar-Rob thats is brilliant! Thats exactly what i wanted....u da man!!!

Has anyone else found that when they fitted their Lockwood dials, they still read in Km/h despite being badged up as MPH! Bl@@dy idiots! I though getting the lockwood white dials would remove the need to get the speedo converter chip put in but obviously it doesnt!!
.......or am i missing something.......

J

jpward

Well they are 180mph dials not 180kph dials hope this explains the difference but a converter is cheep as chips and ten mins to instal get one b4 you put the clocks back in!

geetee

yes. just changing the face of the dial isn't going to magically make it read in mph - unless you fit 112mph dials (180kph).

you need one of the speedo convertor boxes to convert the signal from the speed sensor (basically divides the impulses by 1.6). This has the effect of making the speedo read in mph (with a 180mph dial) and also removes the 112mph speed limiter in the ecu - because the signal comes from the sensor, to the speedo, then on to the ecu.

Something like
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAPANESE-CAR-...ryZ72205QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Plenty of alternatives around though.

If you've got the clocks out already it's a 10 minute install (splice a few wires) and the little black box just lives behind the clocks.

Cheers
Graham

K

kentyboy

Yeah thought as much Graham. When i bought the dials I thought theyd be spaced correctly to read in mph without the need for the converter. Oh well, like you said, while i've got the clocks out I may as well fit the chip. Only thing is I heard they were unreliable and prone to faults.