SPAX Lowering springs

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

Has anybody had any experience of these or anybody got any pics of a car with these on?

Cheers

Cris

Has been covered a few times.

Try the Search function - should lead you to the relavent threads.

A

AZ STE

Adam,
Id go for the Chasis dynamics if you can get hold of a set..

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

Yeh, i have been looking at these ones Ste, are they the same as the avo one's.

I take it that you have these on yours Ste?

A

AZ STE

Yes think they were made by Avo (chasis dynamics) got mine from D Tweeks but I think they have stopped making them. I chose these as they are loaded according to the weight distribution of the R so they give a true 40mm drop all around some springs dont allow for the difference in weight front to back :wink:

BenD

Alrite Ad mate!

you know ive just bought a set for my car, second hand, and SPAX do actually make springs for the R, and they are -50m

Ill tell you wot they are like this weekend mate, when i fit them!!!

Cheers

Ben

gtirpulsar

BenD said:
Alrite Ad mate!

you know ive just bought a set for my car, second hand, and SPAX do actually make springs for the R, and they are -50m

Ill tell you wot they are like this weekend mate, when i fit them!!!

Cheers

Ben
BenD,
I implore that you ring spax themselves and ask if they make springs for the gtir. They will tell you they don't. They have listed them in their catalogue as for the R, but that listing is incorrect - and a possibly something they shouldn't be doing under the trade description act. Don't be another sucker like Caleb, me, Pete and anyone else that didn't ring spax first....

BenD

BASTARD$ :evil: :evil:

Im a sucker like you bunch of suckers :oops:

Ben

PS.. Ill still fit them! lol :lol:

gtirpulsar

No don't fit them!!!!!
I have them on mine, (and only still because I can't stop spending on everything else) :evil: , the front springs are not strong enough to support the weight at the front. You will scrub your drivers side tyre on sharp left handers (I have used spring assisters (neoprene foam that goes between the rings) to counteract that). But at the back I have done the worst henious crime and cut half a coil out of the spring, just to get it to sit somewhere near level. :roll:

S

stuart rawlinson

You mean i went around the RING in your car with them shocks on
Shame on you Kev lol :roll:

DavidGTiR

They do list them in Spax`s brochure at my work but when i called Spax they advised they were the same ones for the GTi and would lower the GTiR -20mm more at the front and after i asked why, the reply was because the GTiR has "funny" suspension, so obviously their idiots.

Oh and it says it will lower the GTiR -70mm front and -40 rear.