Spark plugs

C

Chief

What are the best spark plugs for a standard GTIR? also, can anyone recommend a cheap place to get them from?

cheers

P

pulsarboby

ha ha newbie alert! (this is how to deal with the said situation):-D

please be kindly directed to the search function where you will aquire the said information sir, and thankyou for taking the time to post on this exemplary forum:thumbsup:

C

Chief

Thanks, did a search & sorted the plugs. However, i did a search for the best oil too but couldnt get any results :confused: can anyone recommend a good oil for a standard gtir?

cheers

C

Chief

pulsarboby said:
are you the felcher in disguise?
:confused: have i missed something?

Search fuction didnt like oil so looking at previous posts found 10w40 or 10w50 seems to be the best to go for.

geetee

Give him a chance FFS!!

Have any of you tried using the Search function recently???

Search for:
Best Oil or even just Oil or oil

and all you get is:
"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Really really useful.

Chief - this thread has some good info about oils..... the oilman knows his stuff.
http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24675

Other good info for the next few questions you are probably going to ask - (if you ever come back) - try this section:
http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103

Oh - and welcome to the club!

Cheers
Graham

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
pulsarboby said:
ha ha newbie alert! (this is how to deal with the said situation):-D
He's been on the forum longer than you :nerner:

Yes chief you did miss something, but don't worry about it;-)

youngsyp

If you go to www.spark-plugs.co.uk put in the relevant details, and you'll see what are the best plugs for your car.

I believe the OE plugs are NGK platinum tipped (PFR7B). Personally I'd go for the BKR7EIX from the NGK IX range (Iridium tipped) or Denso IK22's, for the standard car ! The NGK's are the cheapest and actually cheaper than the OE platinum tipped plugs. The mentioned site is also the cheapest place to buy plugs for the GTiR from !

As above with the oil, Silkolene Pro S 10w/50 is the prefered choice. I've used Mobil 1 15W50 and Motul 15w/50 in the past, I switched to the Silkolene and there's a noticable difference in how loud the engine is and how smooth it feels. If you email the oilman your details and user name, he'll send you access details to the 'members section' on his site. He's currently running a discount on all his oils until 5th October !
When you change the oil, use and OE Nissan oil filter !

Oh and yes, the search function is nigh on useless !